Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Welcome Newbies To FF

1507757 Views 3583 Replies 1932 Participants Last post by  AeroRamer
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]
Reactions: 5
3541 - 3560 of 3584 Posts
New member here. Been working on my girlfriends 04 spi, and ive had about enough lol. Hoping i can find some help here. Have def found a lot of good info on here but nothing that quite matches my problem. Heres what i got......had the head gasket done, drove for about 15 miles, then next day wouldnt start. It will eventually start if you keep cranking on it and jump it. It kills the battery pretty quick when you try to start it on its own. Once running, it runs great. No rough idle, no hesitation, smooth acceleration. Damn thing just wont start on its own. Recent repairs include....plugs, wires, therm, housing and sensor, crank sensor, throttle control sensor, water pump, timing belt, reservoir and cap, starter, and both 02 sensors. Reeks of fuel when trying to start it, any help would greatly be appreciated!!
fuel pressure regulator? Maybe try pulling the fuel pump fuse after one or two revolutions and see if it starts easily by cutting back on fuel pressure temporarily. Just an idea of trimming down diagnosis area of fuel or ?
Hi, I'm new to the FF forum. I have a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium that I bought used in 2015. It now has 212K miles and is running fine, but I wonder how long I can expect it to last before the automatic transmission dies. I have been very interested in the transmission swaps that some of you have done. My mechanics skills are shade tree+. I have a garage.

The FF forum has already proven itself to be very useful to me and I expect to be a regular user.
Hey, pretty sure I used to have an account on here under an old email (cannot remember the username or email though! Lol). Anyway, I have a dark red 2014 SE Hatchback that is down due to an electrical issue, and so as a stand in daily driver to get to work and back, I picked up a sonic blue (and rust and primer) 2002 SVT that seems beat to hell, but the motor seems strong. I at least need it to last a few weeks until I get my 2014 back to working.
Hi everyone. Just bought a 2009 Ford Focus SE with a little over 100k miles on it, hoping to get another 100k or more
Hey hey! So my dad owns a Ford salvage yard. I've owned 42 cars in 42 years and the only car I ever bought new was a 2003 Focus SE years ago. I found the Fanatics through a google search because I figured I might be able to help a Focus lover get some premium wheels and winter tires after i learned the lug pattern is different from my Fusion. My dad didnt want to part ways with the set so I actually had to give him a bunch of cash for them. Imagine how irritated I was to find out I couldnt even use them. LOL Anyways...Im a cool chick from a small town outside Hershey PA who loves music, Mustangs, and wrenchin on just about anything! Dad is selling the yard soon but if you need Ford parts, he probably has it. Old skool is an understatement...he has a flip phone and could care less about computers...nuff said LOL
Hi guys! Long time reader here, but no much of a writer. Been a Focus Fan since it came out and watched Colin McRae do crazy stuff with them. Anyway I want to start posting a little and document some of the mods I´m doing to my 2007 Ford Focus Ghia 2.0 but I wanted to say hi first.

Cheers.
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]
New owner of a 2004 5-door hatchback SVT ZX5...helped out a disabled vet. Black, 104K miles. Never owned one before. Love the sporty feel, but don't fit in it well (6'6"). Ma not keep long, but in the meantime, looking to give it some cosmetic upgrades. Just put in new headlight assemblies and fog lights. Need to replace windshield wiper cowl...cant find one yet.
New owner of a 2004 5-door hatchback SVT ZX5...helped out a disabled vet. Black, 104K miles. Never owned one before. Love the sporty feel, but don't fit in it well (6'6"). Ma not keep long, but in the meantime, looking to give it some cosmetic upgrades. Just put in new headlight assemblies and fog lights. Need to replace windshield wiper cowl...cant find one yet.
Sorry, twitchy finger....I stumbled across this forum in search for parts and accessories. In the Houston area.
Hello all. Live in Washington state and bought my kid a 2015 Focus SE. I've always been a VW TDI guy but this was a decent deal at the time. My ford experience is all Mustangs. Had a bunch of Mach 1's and several GTs

Just introducing myself!
Hello all. Live in Washington state and bought my kid a 2015 Focus SE. I've always been a VW TDI guy but this was a decent deal at the time. My ford experience is all Mustangs. Had a bunch of Mach 1's and several GTs

Just introducing myself!
I saw your other post about the trans issues. Welcome to the mk3 club! Jk, hopefully you figure it out and it's simple but I'll be real honest and say that a VW might've been the better buy.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Thx for the welcome. Still no fix yet. performed all the “free” easy internet fixes..no dice.
I'm Kate
I own a 2003 zx5 focus. Most reliable car I have ever owned. I do have a weird problem going on and was wondering how to post a question about a mechanical problem.
Hi, my name is Giovanni, i recently bought a ford focus svt 2003 5 doors, Unique in my country, greetings from Costa Rica 😎👍
Reactions: 1
hello everyone, now less stay focused., sorry bad joke, lol, i drive a 2014 focus se, it has been a cruel joke that ford would even sell this car. ive replaced the battery,alternator, the wiring harness and computer. says start fault, what do i do now, check myself in lol
hello everyone, now less stay focused., sorry bad joke, lol, i drive a 2014 focus se, it has been a cruel joke that ford would even sell this car. ive replaced the battery,alternator, the wiring harness and computer. says start fault, what do i do now, check myself in lol
Why did you replace all of that? If you want help, start a new thread in General Technical Chat topic. Be concise and descriptive, you can almost never provide too much info.
Hello... new member, w/2014 Focus SE Sedan.

Love the car, but having a few issues, so I'll be around... :)
Not super new to the forums but just bit the bullet and made an account.

2016 Focus SE HB with manual trans here! Been loving this car since the day i got the keys, no major issues, knock on wood. Great grocery getter and college drive car, especially in todays economy.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Hi everyone! Just picked up my first focus about a month and a half ago. 2012 Focus SE hatchback with 5 speed. Bought from the original owner and absolutely love it so far! Hoping to spend lots of time browsing to get ideas and see what others have done.
See less See more
3541 - 3560 of 3584 Posts