Focus Fanatics Forum banner
3521 - 3540 of 3544 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 173k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 194k miles
4,017 Posts
well did the maf and the kn air filter no joy, throtel body 2morro. what is iac?
Idle air control valve. That being said, 99% of the time, the issue is going to be a vacuum leak. The black plastic vacuum lines should be replaced by now as they all are failing. The intake couplers are another trouble spot exacerbated by the bottom bolt holding the lower intake manifold to the upper intake manifold pops out of the rubber grommet. The intake to cylinder head gaskets are flat by now as well. Do a smoke check for vacuum leaks. Loosen the clamps on the intake couplers and tighten while you pull the lower intake towards the engine. Make sure the gasket on the iac is intact. Verify that the pcv valve hose is not torn. It runs from the back of the throttle body boss underneath the thermostat housing. There is a metal tube that bolts to the head that the pcv lines attach to. Make sure it is not rusted out or damaged.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus SEL 2.0 Liter
3 Posts
Hello all. Just joined , thanks for the welcome. I'm a 43 male from Baltimore, Maryland and I just purchased a 2018 Ford Focus SEL 2.0 Liter sedan. I actually found this site looking for help with some DTC's but my main problem is no radio or touchscreen power and its making me go nuts. I've done checked like 3 fuses and cant figure it out so I posted here to try to find a solution for the radio. Once again thanks in advance for any help and all the welcoming. If you think you may be able to help me ive posted on here and left my phone number for texts if you know what I should do to fix the radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! 🤙

Thanks for having me.

Just got myself a Focus mk1, runs fine. So far, that is. Knock, knock on wood. Funny, I thought I was already a member here since I was thinking about getting a Ford like ten years ago, but I seem to have mistaken myself 'cuz my username was available.

Anyways, hiya!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi! 🤙

Thanks for having me.

Just got myself a Focus mk1, runs fine. So far, that is. Knock, knock on wood. Funny, I thought I was already a member here since I was thinking about getting a Ford like ten years ago, but I seem to have mistaken myself 'cuz my username was available.

Anyways, hiya!
Welcome! I've had two Focus Mk1s. A 2002 ZTS and currently a 2007 Wagon (some call it a Mk1.5 because of the facelift and dash update).
Jim

Reactions: Gew

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi and welcome Bonatto!

I'm sure you'll keep your new vehicle on an excellent condition for many many years to come, since you don't have too much snow in Brazil I'm guessing corrosion won't be an issue as in other parts of the world. There are pretty awesome aftermarket wheels for the Focus, of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, kyall here I'm new to FF from little New Zealand, always played around with cars but stopped for awhile whilst house buying and kids etc, last fun cars I had were a R33 gts25t coupe (324rwkw) and a phase 1 205 gti (still kicking myself for selling), now I have joined the focus family with a 2003 St170 hatch in moondust silver, KW adjustable suspension, tinted windows, leather interior, k&n intake and 100 rattles and vibrations haha, look forward to learning along the way

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello from the United States. My daily drivers in 2005 ZX3 and I just purchased a 2003 Focus SVT. I found this form because I’m having issues with the 2003 and having no power in the lower end. So far this place has been extremely helpful and I wanted to say thank you. Open to anybody pointing me in the right direction to posts about the 2003 SVT

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not a Focus owner, but my granddaughter is getting a 2010 Focus SE for her 16th birthday. Her dad paid $4K it, 158K miles, and the heater's not working. Not the best deal in my book, but the $4K's not coming out of my pocket. BUT...since I'm the family fix-it guy, guess who's gonna shell out to get it's problems fixed? That's why I'm here, and from the help I've received so far, coming here was smart.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm not a Focus owner, but my granddaughter is getting a 2010 Focus SE for her 16th birthday. Her dad paid $4K it, 158K miles, and the heater's not working. Not the best deal in my book, but the $4K's not coming out of my pocket. BUT...since I'm the family fix-it guy, guess who's gonna shell out to get it's problems fixed? That's why I'm here, and from the help I've received so far, coming here was smart.
Hah. You sound like me. Resident family fix-it guy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a 71 yr old motorcycle obsessed motor head. Self employed selling/installing sidecars. Also like cool cars. The 06 manual S coupe I just bought is my 'fun' car. Live where the roads are twisty/hilly,,,,,this is my new sports car!!! After 3 days I'm in love!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not exactly new, but I'm back! The MK1 Focus just joined a list of cars in which I've owned 3 (Miata would be the other car). I've had 2 ZTWs. Both were great vehicles. I'm living abroad now and it was surprisingly difficult to find a 2.0 Zetec Mk1. But I got my mitts on a 2002 5 door hatch. See you guys around!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread is to welcome new members. Stop in, tell us what you drive, how you found us, and say "Hi". Welcome to Focus Fanatics.[welcome]
Barely bought my first focus a week ago. It's a 2009 focus with a manual transmission. SES, 2.0l. Very new to this car. I'm repairing alot on this car. I can't seem to find the transmission fluid dip stick. Also I hear a grinding noise when I shift into 3rd. Seems the "schrynos"? Is flushed. Making the noise. Please can someone point me to the perfect manual transmission rebuild kit. And I have a code of P2004. Flap stuck open. Will cleaning it. Fix the problem? Rather than ordering another intake manifold? Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I Just purchased a 2014 Ford Focus SE and I live in South Florida.
I came here to check out what people are doing to theirs and general info.
My daily is a 2015 Nissan Frontier 6 cyl so I can tow my boat but it's not really fun to drive and I really needed something with better MPG to get me through this current high gas phase we are experiencing.
My last car I bought for this same reason was a brand new 2005 Scion XB and it was really fun to modify. I sold it in 2018. Club XB was my go to site and I am thinking this is it's equal.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody! :)
Just purchased my 1st Ford Focus in February of 2022, black, 2004 ZX3, 2.3l Duratec N/A, 5 spd, with the optional 16" rim package, and CAI. Shes a bit over 200k miles and I paid $1,300.00 for her.
The car runs like new and has 0 leaks that I can see and I'll be honest, is by far the most fun car I've ever owned.
Im looking at maybe throwing some bolt-ons at her to start out, but eventually I do want more WHP, because you know... I can 😂
Hope to meet you all down in the comments and on the forums.

MLC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I bought a 2012 Focus SEL in February to replace a 1st Gen Scion Xb. The scion got totalled.
Figured I'd come here to learn about the issues and fixes for this car. Really enjoy driving it though, makes my 2 hour round trip to work easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey y’all,

I’ve owned my 04 Focus SVT since 2017. It’s been great little car that’s a blast to drive. It’s been problem free until recent. I had a timing belt let loose because I trusted what the previous owner said. Had the head rebuilt and got her back on the road for 17k miles. Then the plastic coolant crossover pipe split open, the coolant temp gauge did not indicate that it was overheating. The headgasket was gone and the head had 3 cracks. Thank God for the Row52 app as there was another Focus SVT at a yard 20 miles away with a useable head. I picked up a metal coolant crossover pipe and my SVT is nearly back together. Anyway I can’t wait to start driving it again. I picked it up with 127k miles and it now has 215k miles and it’s still tight. I will be in search for one 02-03 5 spoke wheel as I pulled 3 from a second Focus SVT at the same yard. I like those better than the 04 wheels. EAP wheels would be my preference but I dig the 5 spoke wheels a well. Well thanks for being here FF 👍🏼
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm not a new Focus owner, but I'm new here. I first laid eyes on my 2011 Focus when it was coming back from a test drive. It had 149 miles on it. Not long ago, we just reached 100k. I'm here to learn more from my fellow Focus owners. Keep up on maintenence, and a few mods here and there. :)
I've adorned my Focus with stickers from our journeys. We've taken a couple of trips along Route 66 from Amarillo heading West, making it the Santa Monica Pier on our second trip. And a drive up to Yellowstone.

3521 - 3540 of 3544 Posts