Focus Fanatics Forum banner

3481 - 3488 of 3488 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Ford Focus SES, FWD
5 Posts
Hello,
I've owned a 2007 Focus SES since 2018. It has a bunch of little problems, but my goal is to make the car as nice as possible. I'd like for it to look and operate as if it just came off the lot. Since I am new to cars in general, I am going to use this car and time to bolster my mechanical skills and just learn as much as possible.

I have a list of things that I would like to get done on my Focus, but since I a) have very few tools (I am still collecting and gathering everything I need) and b) live in WI and it is Winter, I am doing alot of reading, planning, and learning so that when I do have the right equipment and weather, I can document and repair as much as I can.

I have a '07 Focus official service manual and wiring diagram, so if anyone ever needs a scan from those documents, I can help you out.

I initially found this page because I wanted some ideas on how to fix the vent blend door. The rubber gasket just completely melted and now it sticks on the extremes (dash vent or front facing vents). I found a few great tips and I will document and report everything that I try.

Looking forward to this community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,
I've owned a 2007 Focus SES since 2018. It has a bunch of little problems, but my goal is to make the car as nice as possible. I'd like for it to look and operate as if it just came off the lot. Since I am new to cars in general, I am going to use this car and time to bolster my mechanical skills and just learn as much as possible.

I have a list of things that I would like to get done on my Focus, but since I a) have very few tools (I am still collecting and gathering everything I need) and b) live in WI and it is Winter, I am doing alot of reading, planning, and learning so that when I do have the right equipment and weather, I can document and repair as much as I can.

I have a '07 Focus official service manual and wiring diagram, so if anyone ever needs a scan from those documents, I can help you out.

I initially found this page because I wanted some ideas on how to fix the vent blend door. The rubber gasket just completely melted and now it sticks on the extremes (dash vent or front facing vents). I found a few great tips and I will document and report everything that I try.

Looking forward to this community.
Welcome to the boards. Sounds like a nice little project. Plenty of people here that can help point you in the right direction. Looking forward to your attempts to fix the blend door issue. Mine sticks at the extremes as well. I haven't dug into it yet to see what the issue is, but sure sounds like it might be the same thing you have going on with yours.

·
Registered
2007 Ford Focus SES, FWD
5 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Sounds like a nice little project. Plenty of people here that can help point you in the right direction. Looking forward to your attempts to fix the blend door issue. Mine sticks at the extremes as well. I haven't dug into it yet to see what the issue is, but sure sounds like it might be the same thing you have going on with yours.
Thanks TomQuick! There were a few links on this very board that I want to try but am short on time with all of the holidaying. I'll post the links here below. I'll try one of these after the new year.

07 Ford Focus Repair
Potential HVAC Fix #1
Potential HVAC Fix #2

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a 2003 ZTS. I found this place through searching for focus forums. Very good place and very helpful. Greetings to all of the focus riders on here 🤙

·
Registered
2007 Focus ZX5 SES, Silver
4 Posts
Hi gang,

I've got an '07 ZX5 SES which has been steady and reliable for over 200,000kms, and hope it can last for 200,000kms more!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone I am new to the site I just bought my 2017 Focus SEL with 17000 miles about 6 months ago. She now has 27-28000 miles on her. I’ve alway owned old fords but this is the by far the nicest vehicle I’ve ever owned.
I found this forum just by doing a quick google search. After reading through some of the threads I decided to join.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, my wife's Ford Focus 2012 1.6 started having problems with the thermostat. I decided to look for answers or interesting tips on the forum and found this one on the Internet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guess I aughta introduce myself. Been lurking a bit.
Bought my 16' Focus ST3 in April of last year.
Loving it ever since!
20210113_222308.jpg

Looking foward to chatting with some of you all!

3481 - 3488 of 3488 Posts