Focus Fanatics Forum banner

3461 - 3462 of 3462 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. Been lurking here a couple of weeks, and decided it was time to register.

I'm an older guy, probably older than most here at 51. My first 10 years or so driving was all done in Chevy's, and I have been a die hard Chevy fan my entire life. Over the past 12 years or so, I have driven and worked on Hondas primarily.

A few weeks back, I bought an '06 Focus ZX4 SE, and am absolutely blown away by it.

The forums here have already helped me several times figuring out how to do some things, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more along the way.

So far, we have swapped out some light bulbs for LED's, cleaned things up a lot, replaced some missing bits (cup holder inserts, wheel center cap) fixed a messed up gear indicator (gummed up, bent, and broken thanks to one of those stupid oil diffuser air fresheners, lord how I hate those things), installed a new head unit, and swapped out an engine mount.

In the near future, we will be replacing the other two engine mounts, and installing a new valve cover gasket, spark plugs (we are at 130k miles, and I have no idea if they have ever been changed) and replacing the boots on the coil packs (assuming they are oiled up pretty good from the leaking valve cover).

Judging by the sounds coming from the front, wheel bearings will be on the horizon, and then a good overall inspecting of steering / suspension. With 130k on the clock, I'm sure there are going to be things that need attention.

3461 - 3462 of 3462 Posts