Focus Fanatics Forum banner

3441 - 3456 of 3456 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Se (201A Apprearence Package) Auto w/ Select Shift

Owner Since roughly 2k now 81500
(Miles)

Absolutely love it im just looking for more power. I have been having a hard time finding "go fast parts", cams, injectors, cold air intake, less restrictive exhaust, the whole quarter mile.

Im planning on doing a rebuild at 100k and doing upgrades but I cant friggin find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was wondering what modifications I can do to a stock 2007 Focus LX, 4-speed auto. I was looking to increase performance without spending a lot of money. If anyone has any ideas or tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
40 Posts
The DadMobile is a 2006 ZXW A/T with 180k km (112k miles). It's been my workhorse for a young family from 2012 (and 80k km) until 2 years ago when my wife got her own car and took over a lot of the driving. It's still my daily, and I'd started hating it and decided that needed to change. In researching my options, I came across all this great advice and info and after reading many threads, decided to join.
It's a bit beat up and needs some replacement parts, so I'm starting to give it a second life as a performance sleeper, starting with putting it on new dampers and springs (b&g lowering and KYB GR-2s) and a new set of Pilot Sport 3+ tires, on some stock-looking 16"x8" rims (A/S because Canada, even my summer tires need to deal with wet, crappy roads.) Exhaust is next, since the original is full of holes - sounds great, but doesn't smell so good - open to advice, but considering a custom 2.5" MagnaFlow or FlowMaster setup, since no one seems to make a bolt on for the wagon, but I'm all ears.
The bumper is getting some drift stitching this week, and I'm gonna seal in some bare metal patches with matte clear coat around the wheel wells, ratrod style. I also need to get to the door seams before next winter.
I'm hoping to get it together for a mild forced induction setup by Fall for ~180-200whp - not sure what yet, as the FSWerks kit says it doesn't fit with the A/T.
Thanks to everyone who has created this amazing resource.
Anyhow, here she is, winter steelies and all, no work done yet, except for some good cleaning inside - the before shot)

(And yes, I have read the sleeper thread: a Google search for "Focus Wagon Sleeper" lead me to that thread and through it, FF.)

·
Registered
34 Posts

Hey everyone, new here but a veteran Ford Fan ?
Loving my Mk1 Zetec, it's a great little project car!
I've done several maintenance projects on it already and looking forward to some more...
Will post up what's been done soon (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up Guys and Gals. Joe From Ohio Here. Red 2016 SE Hatch Above⬆⬆⬆ Got "Roze" when I started working at Ford for good "Gas Mileage" Welllllll we all know how that goes. Coming From An Evo back in my early 20s to a Slocus at 40 :rolleyes: I Just have to do things to pep this little lady up and lo and behold stumbled upon FF reading about the Snorkel Delete. So Here I Am

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone? just wanted to swing in and say whats up!! Picking up an '15 SE manual tomorrow for my lady. We are both pumped to have a vehicle with a manual trans again. First things being done are simple maintenance, brakes, tires etc... Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Cheers James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Folks. My 2011 Focus SES was the first new car I ever bought after driving for 58 years and I never regretted doing do. It does everything I want from it and looks good doing it. Manual shift, moon roof, upgraded suspension and sound system. Only real headache after 145k mi is my current problem with the fuel pump/sender module. Already spent over $1000 and still no fuel gauge. Driving me nuts and poorer with no end in sight. I posted on another thread and hoping for some suggestions. Dean, SE Pennsylvania

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
2 Posts
What’s up everybody,

Imma newbie I drive a 2012 Focus SE Hatch I found FF when I was just scrolling looking for parts and what I needed to do to get a little more speed out of my focus and now I literally just come here for answers 😂 so much info and not enough time to read it all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, new guy here. Former USAF C5 crew chief so not new to vehicles by any means (been wrenching for 30 years), but definitely new to the Focus! I grew up around Volvos and turbo Saabs, so already just searching through parts for the Focus is a breath of fresh air both availability and cost wise!

About ten days ago I acquired a used 2003 ZX3 5spd with a blown front shock for a pretty good steal. All four corners with springs and strut mounts (front) were 150 dollars. Awesome. THEN, I was looking about trying to figure out what engine I have and it turns out I ended up with the D23. Double awesome as it has 156k on the clock and I was going to replace the timing belt. Nevermind!! Everything I've read about that motor while perusing around FF seems to indicate that I got a pretty solid and reliable engine.

She's black on black with professional tint in the rear, and I'm already in love with her. Miles away from my gas hog SUV (13 mpg) I've been banging around in the last three years. Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself, and I can't wait to soak in all of your advice and infinite wisdom!

See you out there!

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
1 Posts
Hey yall, I just picked up a 14 Focus ST with 34k miles. I want to some what stand out. Been looking at changing out the Ford emblems. All I can find are overlays, can someone point me in the right direction. Also is it easy to de-badge the truck lid?

·
Registered
2001 Ford Focus SE Sedan, 5 speed manual Cold Air intake, and some high mileage....
8 Posts
Hey Peoples!

It's ya boi Bean, driving a 2001 Ford focus SE SPI 5 speed. Lightly modded (CAI, muffler and resonatorless retard pipe out the rear, SCT Tuner, 2 12" subwoofers and a nice head unit, aftermarket high output alternator too)
High miles (238k as of 6/21/2020)
Running strong, driven about 100 miles a day, no big issues.

Joined this forum because I've come here a few times due to some of the troubleshooting articles I've read on here, and it seems like a good place to hang out and chat.

Anyways hope to see y'all around ✌

3441 - 3456 of 3456 Posts