Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is acting funny I just replace the battery thinking of that my problem was but wrong every time I try to start the car it wont do nothing everything seems to work but no start when turn the key on please help ![?|]

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Locate the starter and try to hit it with something, maybe it got stuck.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
What do you mean by "Nothing?"

Do the dash lights come on? Or is everything dead? Does the radio work? Are there any sounds at all when you try?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yes,please clarify...does it crank? click? lights work? radio? what?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the dash lights work the radio work all the lights but the headlights work when I try to fire up the car makes this beeeping sound like when the keys are on the ignition but steadier i took the starter off the car an took it to the shop to have it test and works fine I was thinking maybe the ignition switch may be the problem but thats funny the car was ok till yesterday I went outside to started and didnt work so I jump cables to it and work but the car idles funny and as soonest i got to the autoparts I shut the car off and totaly die no sings of power so I replace the battery the guy in the autoparts had some trouble after he replace it the car didnt wanted to start after couple times it did so I drive home and the same thing happen after I shut it off and the battery is brand new please help!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Does it crank? If yes and still it does not start, maybe it's time for a fuel pump? You could also check the fuse box under the hood if the fuses aren't in salt... Just guessing

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no it does'nt crank just makes this beeeping noise instead I check for burn out fuses and else and nothing looks ok I replace the fuel pump 2 months a go

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
We've got similar problem with wagon focus at work. I disconnected cables from battery, clean connectors and after 15 minutes put everything back. Car started immediately...

Or. There might be problem with security. If you have a remote, try to open and close the car 3-4 times without opening the door. Then open it get inside and try to start it. I know it sounds stupid, but I've got similar problem with Mazda and Nissan cars.

No more options from my side...

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
im sorry, i am having a problem understanding your english and run on sentences, but what i got is that your car wont even crank. i think you have a bad ground at the battery, where the ecu grounds connect to the negative post. it happened to me. make sure that they are really tight. also make sure the grounds from that post are tight to the chassis...there should be 3 wires in total.

you may think you tightened them down, but they can still be loose. they need to be tight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I replace the battery wires (red and black) and still got the problem when I try to start the car it wont do nothing (crank) not even the car accessories work when I leave the switch open like the fan I cant hear the fuel pump kick etc... only the radio and the interior lights work can this be some kind of security issue??please help

·
Registered
365 Posts
If it is a security problem you red led on the dash will flash really fast.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
This is what I found on google:

Question
Hi,

I have a Ford Focus 2005 and the anti theft light won't go off and the car wont; start.
I only got one key so i can;t reprogam the key meselfs.everyone tells me to go to the dealer..i on the owner manual,,they say.,.if you put the switch in the number 3 postion,,.the anti theft light must go off in 3 sec,,mine does,,but when starting the car,,,i't wont crank and the light keeps flashing,

please help

Thanks for your time,

Daniel Hernandez

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Answer
Hi Daniel,
Well, what is going on is that either your transponder (in your key) is bad or the transciever (in the car) is not picking up the signal from the key.
The reason that the light won't go off and the light keeps flashing is that the car alarm believes that someone is attempting to steal the car.
The only solution is to go to a Ford dealer. You will have to have the car towed into a ford dealer for repairs. You either need a new key that they can program to the transciever (in the car), or make you a new key (about $25.00) in California. It costs about $62.50 to reprogram the key, $25.00 to make a new key and about $300 to replace the transciever.
Bottom line is that the key is not talking to the transciever in the car. Unless they do, the alarm stays activated. So, what everyone is telling you is correct. Sorry this doesn't save you money, but it is a security issue and there is no way around it. You will also have to prove that you are the owner to have the above repairs done. Take the registration and or the title in with you when you take the car in as they will only do this for the owner of the vehicle...(not for a thief. I talked to a friend that works for Ford and verified the above information today. The Ford dealership can determine whether it is the key or the transciever or both. Usually it is the key that fails. Thanks for the inquiry, Chuck

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
wow, when i saw the security flashing, i was about to write that up lol....i dont know how u reset the transponder tho...seems like the bigger issue to me. thats why i would not have originally thought of that. not too common. did you short something out when you were playing with the battery?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts