Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the TPMS sensors replaced on my 2012 SEL. After installation I vacated their crowded lot to go attempt strain/learn with the tool I have (garage door opener). I very much failed so I went back to the shop to have them do it. After scanning each sensor, and trying to force the new ID's into the BCM with the TPMS tool they had for about 30 minutes, he went and grabbed the whoop ass tablet also to no avail. About 45 minutes of the mechanic trying to set the new sensors, he looked at me said that the TPMS ID's from the old sensors are 'stuck' in the BCM.

I've spent hours trying to beat Google to death with this but can't find a viable solution

Hopefully someone here has seen or heard of this and can provide a remedy other then to just disable it with focccus/forscan

Side note:
-with the old sensors on the car (only 1 was working) it said "signal fault"
-With the new sensors on the car but not reading them (BCM still looking for old ID's) and the old sensors miles away in the trash somewhere, it says "low pressure"

This makes absolutely no sense to me....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So 5 days after installation and not being able to link them, the error message changed from 'low pressue' to 'pressure monitor fault'

If anyone has any ideas to what is going on and how to get them linked, please reply...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Possibly a malfunction with the TPMS module (internal to the bcm). If it is some sort of logic lock, you can try unhooking the battery overnight to reset the module. Then attempt training them again. If the issue continues, consult the dealer for diagnostics

·
Registered
22 Posts
What was the initial reason for having the original TPMS sensors replaced? Were you experiencing something similar to the currently stated problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Possibly a malfunction with the TPMS module (internal to the bcm). If it is some sort of logic lock, you can try unhooking the battery overnight to reset the module. Then attempt training them again. If the issue continues, consult the dealer for diagnostics
Tried it but no go

What was the initial reason for having the original TPMS sensors replaced? Were you experiencing something similar to the currently stated problem?

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile
the reason for replacing was i had 3 dead and one dying, the only one left working would sometimes read 0.2psi

i got 4wheels at the junk yard from a focus and they worked i didnt do anything so im thinking they put the wrong sensors or need relearn
$30 at a dealer, asked 'what/how' i got 'it needed one of our FORD computers' [facepalm] thanks dude...
issue resolved though...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bummer, looks like I also need to go to the ford dealer for this issue. I went through 5 sets of wheels over the years(with new ford sensors every time), I put back on set #2 last week and I appear to be stuck on set #5's IDs (unfortunately I sold set #5 so they are gone). I've tried reprogramming multiple times and even tried a 6th set of focus wheels I just bought.

I guess maybe I pushed my luck by switching my wheels so often...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was at the dealer today and the tech couldn't get it figured out. All he did was try to get them to learn using the little hand held programming thing. He said the module might need to be replaced and I need to schedule a full on service appointment.

If I can code them off with forscan, I bet I can reset them too... I have the tools, just need the know how. I already did a bunch of other stuff in forscan years ago. I can't code them off, If my wife picks up a nail in a tire she will drive till the rim is bent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone had TPMS batteries die on an MK3 yet? I'm wondering how much longer my originals will last.
They typically last 8-10 years in all cars.

I was at the dealer today and the tech couldn't get it figured out. All he did was try to get them to learn using the little hand held programming thing. He said the module might need to be replaced and I need to schedule a full on service appointment.

If I can code them off with forscan, I bet I can reset them too... I have the tools, just need the know how. I already did a bunch of other stuff in forscan years ago. I can't code them off, If my wife picks up a nail in a tire she will drive till the rim is bent.
You may want to look at using Focccus (or Forscan) to switch from TPMS to DDS (Deflation Detection System) then. The DDS allows you to set a baseline through the message centre and it monitors the differences in tire rotation. If it detect a change in one wheel then it alerts you. There is no need for TPMS sensors in the wheel with this system. Best of both worlds.

In Focccus it is really easy to do. It's just a pick list of options you select from and then you write to the BCM. I haven't done it with Forscan so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I tried enabling DDS a couple times, but got traction control and ABS lights multiple times. I could not clear them with forscan. Tried multiple times. My car is a build 3 2012, so it's maybe not compatible?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I tried enabling DDS a couple times, but got traction control and ABS lights multiple times. I could not clear them with forscan. Tried multiple times. My car is a build 3 2012, so it's maybe not compatible?
That's strange. My Focus is a 2012 as well and I didn't experience that at all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Question for people with DDS enabled:

Do you have manual transmissions?
Do you have hill assist turned on?
I used focccus because I couldn't get it turned on with forscan. Does anyone know how to turn it on with forscan?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts