Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought fr2s esslinger cam gears and a superchip about a month ago from Ray and some weird things have been happening since..
1) my cruise control doesnt work
2) today my car shut off and showed the oil sign on the dash...i just changed my oil a few days ago and it was full when i checked it afterword it happend..and then, when it shut off..i tried startin it again and it was fine
3) my ! light came on..i checked the manual and its my brake system? and then when it came on my flashers lit up like tellin me to cut them on
4) 2ce this happend- i would go into second and at 5k the entire car would lunge backward like i hit the rev limiter or like i was slamming on the brakes real hard..wtf??

something is seriously wrong with this car, its a hell of alot faster but it hesitates, the idle dips and catches itself over and over, it makes this random sound coming from the chasis like theres leaves in the road, like a crackin noise but it doesnt affect my driving, and these things..help me out guys (dont say its the axles cuz ive gotten that squared away, its like comin from the rear end)

Danny

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
1st Step: Remove chip and see if your problems are resolved.

If they are, contact Ray about the faulty chip.

If not, check your car for fault codes or just take it in somewhere.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slight problem, i never got the chip back from the people who installed it along wtih my cams, i could call them and see if they still have it, i emailed ray to see what he thinks but i was wanting to see what all of yall thought

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
For future reference, ALWAYS get the original parts back, unless you are getting some sort of credit or excahange for them, so that you can put the car back to stock in the future if circumstances warrant.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would my car even work if ray accidentilly burnt a chip for me with the wrong code?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts