Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 focus has been running fantastic, but last night, when the key was taken out of the ignition, the radio stayed on, the wipers started jumping, the indicators started to go off!

It eventually stopped, but then 1/2 hour later, when I was in the house with the keys, a neighbour knocked to say that my indicators were on! The battery has died now! Whats going on??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my husband has just admitted that as he was on the way home in the car last night (this started happening as he parked up after this trip!) that he drove through a flodd. The flood was about the height of the floor of the car - could this have cause a short? If so will it dry out?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
It may dry out but most of the connections have a rubber seal to keep out water. When overwhelmed though the seals will hold water in. You might get lucky and they dry themselves out but I bet they will give trouble further down the line.
It all depends on how fast he went through and how much splashed around though.
I'd say start by checking the ones you can see under the hood. Disconnect them and spray them with WD-40 (which displaces water, Water Displacer - 40).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts