Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the brake light and turn signal share the same bulb in my taillight housing. So far, every other sedan I've seen has seperate turn signal and brake light bulbs. This kind of limits me from buying aftermarket taillights, because the unused space where the turn signal bulb would go might leak moisture into the housing. Anyone else have these type of taillights?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I don't.

They are the OEM tails ? Did you buy the car used ? If so, I would look for some non factory wiring in there to indicate someone re-wired them.

If it was a home-job, you should be able to undo it and put whatever aftermarket lights you want in, depending on the reason it was done. The worst case scenario is you might have to buy a couple of bulb sockets to re-wire the separate brake/turn lamp.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
They had both, 2 bulb and 3 bulb configuration taillamps then. Just a matter of which you have.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't re wire it. whouldn't be too hard. that stinks you have those tail lights your car is really nice.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
They had both, 2 bulb and 3 bulb configuration taillamps then. Just a matter of which you have.
I did not know that, interesting.

Probably not difficult to separate the brake or indicator wires from one socket and attach to a new socket for a multi bulb arrangement.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Maybe take a look on the housing and see if there's a Ford stamp indicating it's a Ford tail lamp housing.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Since they are factory, I would worry too much about them, there aren't any really quality aftermarket tails for the sedan anyhow, so factory is ur best choice IMO :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yep, some years had the two bulb as opposed to the 3 bulb. 2 bulbers are fairly uncommon from what i've seen. i've done about 20 some odd sets of tinted sedan tails. one was a 2 bulber.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
cut the end off another harness put a boulb in it and put them in the will just look like the bulb is not on but will look fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts