Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, This is my first post here usually I lurk since I never really had the funds to do anything to my car other than drool over others upgrades. Anyways I just recently found a 2006 ZX4 SES in a junk yard and decided it would be a good upgrade for my car on a low budget. Having looked extensively under my 2005 Focus I do not have the additional wiring. I have researched for hours and hours and not found any info on how to wire the Fog Lights to the 05. First of all Parts I have:

Bezels
Fog Lights
The Fog Light Switch
Connectors plus 3 feet of wire on each.

Now here is the weird part. Having looked between my Wife's 07 ZX5 SES and my car I have determined our Battery Relay boxes are different. Her's also has the PZEV. Here is the kicked the 2006 ZX4 I pulled the Fogs off of had the exact same Fuses and Relays as mine 05 did. Also I stripped the wire from the left Fog Light to the Right fog light and back to the fire wall. At the right fog light they were spiced together into a Green/Black cable at this point. Using a Haynes Manual it shows the Green/Yellow's should enter the Battery Fuse box and a Green/Black cable should go straight to the switch. In the 2006 they entered straight into the Cabin of the car. My Car has a Green/Black wire going into the 83B pin on the switch. Here are my questions.

1. Can anyone explain or pull a thread up with images on where i need to install these wires to get this as stock as possible?

2. Would anyone know why the stock wires on the junk 06 would bypass the battery junction box?

3. If so to #2 would anyone know if that Green/Black wire would run to the switch itself?

P.S. The 2006 ZX4 I found in the junk yard had fog lights stock they weren't aftermarket.

Thank you.

Jason

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Yeah pcordes knows what he is talking about. Look at the thread, diagrams are really good.

·
Registered
890 Posts
pcordes is spot on with the diagrams. Looking back, the hardest part throughout the entire installation was actually finding the proper spot to drill the hole for the grommet in the firewall. This supplied the voltage from the switch to the relay. The only reason that was difficult for me was that I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to drilling holes into my vehicle. I was terrified of doing damage.

I will be off from X-mas eve until Jan 5th from work and school. I can do my best to get that How-to created, Peter. If you don't mind, I'll use the diagrams you posted in my thread then, with you as the author of course? I'll take the battery out and show where my hole was drilled and try to get some good pictures of how I ran the harness along the sub-frame with zipties.

I like this installation because it is a stock switch and I can operate the fogs separate from the high beams.

OP, if you have any problems, let me know. I will try to take pictures if I need to so you can do yours easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I really appreciate the help. I work a job that deals a lot with circuits and wiring and some fabrication so wiring and whatnot is easy for me I just wanted to get to as close to OEM as I could. I appologize if I missed your original thread on this lol its just for the 05-07 year trying to get prints/OEM wiring was really hard until you guys bailed me out there lol. Got all the parts on order just waiting on them to come in. Lol those and I got some other goodies: RMM, FSWerks race exhaust and finally a rear sway bar lol. Also if you wish as I work my way through this mod I can take pictures of how I'm doing it and post them to help others. Thanks again by the way lol I was sweating bricks lol.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The instructions should also work partially for the 00-04 Focus as they have the same basic headlight switch, just with different fog lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts