Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a problem with my 03 Focus ZX3 2.0 Zetec car with 35,000 miles. Recently I have noticed while I am driving on the interstate that at certain points, mainly 50 to 65 miles per hour and sometimes at lower speeds, that if I try to go a steady speed but I drop down just a little and then speed up a little bit that I can feel the car try to slow down like it is downshifting and then it will jump up to normal speed again. It is not like the car is jurking in and out of gears or anything, but I can see it on the tach and feel a slight jump in speed. I don't know for sure if this is a transmission problem, or something else. I also have noticed that when I use cruise control on the interstate at the same speeds that it happens as well, also as I go down a slight hill the car will slow down and then speed up again as it does without cruise. One other thing is that I have noticed this start to happen more frequently after I cleaned my AEM cone filter. Could this cause my car to do this? I have heard that some oils used on these filters can cause problems with the intake. My car is out of warrenty, so I am hoping that it isn't anything too major. If it is the transmission, what would most likely cause this to happen? Or if it is something with the intake, what would it be? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dont know much about cars, but if you have the same car as I do im guessing cause I started having those problems in the past around that milage, but it got worse to the point where it literaly slammed between 3rd and 4th gear. BTW, I have an automatic. I had my transmission flushed in the past and it stopped doing that, and then I did it myself yesterday and changed the filter. Stopped it again. So you might want to look into getting your transmission filter changed. Just my 2 cents.

Last but not least i own the Sedan model with 2 times the miles on you car hehe. Man I fee weird with all those miles....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I thought about just having the fluid changed because I do not know if it was changed when Ford had it on their lot. It supposedly had a 115 point inspection, but who knows with some dealerships. I guess that may just be what I have to do is have the fluid changed and have the filter replaced. I did check the fluid a couple of weeks ago and the stick said that the fluid was too high, but I don't even know if I checked it correctly. The manual says how to do it, but who knows if even that works. The fluid itself looks fine, it just registers as being too high. Seeing as how I use the car for deliveries, I better get it done soon. Thanks for the reply. I am sure that within the next year my miles will probably double, so don't feel too bad. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts