Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I posted a thread because I was having a weird idle problem. My idle seemed low, but more or less it is ok. It idles right around 800 in park/neutral and 650-700 in gear. Seems a little low to me, but I've determined that isn't why my car shakes anywhere below 1000 rpms. Could one of my motor mounts be worn out?

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
if its the motor mounts it will shake no matter what RPM, it'll just shake less rough. i would get the mounts changed if you haven't recently.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shaking started a while after the cams were installed so they're not the problem. Guess I should have mentioned that.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^wow you almost discribed my problem except you did'nt swap in a motor lol. If you have ever raced any *we all have launched hard in our cars right?* you might have a failed upper tranny mount. Take a look at it mine was ripped to shreads. I guess the combination lower mount with stock upper and over 100 dragstrip runs will wear an oem mount out.

You did check your PVC hose right?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^wow you almost discribed my problem except you did'nt swap in a motor lol. If you have ever raced any *we all have launched hard in our cars right?* you might have a failed upper tranny mount. Take a look at it mine was ripped to shreads. I guess the combination lower mount with stock upper and over 100 dragstrip runs will wear an oem mount out.

You did check your PVC hose right?
I haven't checked the upper tranny mount yet. The pass. side mount was ok last time I looked. But I might as well replace both while I am at it. And yes, I checked the PVC hose and all the other vacuum hoses... no cracks or holes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts