Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, a few weeks ago, i started noticing this really wEird, high-pitched rattling/whistling during cold start. after the car would warm up, it would go away, though. and also, like, if i let the car bog a little, the same rattling noise comes up again. wat is it? i think it's coming from my headers or somewhere in my exhaust system, so ya...? can anyone help diagnose this? any help at all is appreciated! thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um... hah, my cat heatshield fell off a loOong time ago, so i dont think that's the problem...maybe somfin else?

·
Registered
240 Posts
mine was do to a broken bracket holding the cat well were it goes upward and connects with the flex pipe thats what it was making the rattle for me try that.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yeah does it sounds like a light gauge metal rattling noise. i have that very annoying sound also at lower RPMs especially since these warmer days and my windows are down. it's going back to the dealership to be fixed along with a couple other things. it is comming from the heatsheild around my cat. i guess this is a fairly common problem then with the svt's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts