Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently Ive noticed that when I drive my car for awhile after turning it off there is a strange squeaking noise that almost sound like a belt of some-sort. it doesn't happen all of the time but when it does its somewhat loud. I know I should probably take the car in but I'm afraid of taking it in and being told like I always do that the mechanic could not recreate the noise. I was wondering what you guys think it could be? and if you guys think I should wait until the noise happens more often. By the way nothing else seems to be effected by this that's why I'm not in a huge rush to take it in.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So recently Ive noticed that when I drive my car for awhile after turning it off there is a strange squeaking noise that almost sound like a belt of some-sort. it doesn't happen all of the time but when it does its somewhat loud. I know I should probably take the car in but I'm afraid of taking it in and being told like I always do that the mechanic could not recreate the noise. I was wondering what you guys think it could be? and if you guys think I should wait until the noise happens more often. By the way nothing else seems to be effected by this that's why I'm not in a huge rush to take it in.
If you do decide to head to your dealer for this, please let me know. I'll be able to check into some additional assistance. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have noticed exact same thing. It sounds like a high pitched squeal that lasts for 30-60 seconds after the engine has been shut off. So far it happened twice. I also got a 2014 Focus SE Hatch with about 20k km on it. I wonder what could be causing it?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Take a look at your radiator "shutters" when you get the noise?

Hear about that one more on cold morning start up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
...It sounds like a high pitched squeal that lasts for 30-60 seconds after the engine has been shut off. ...a 2014 Focus SE Hatch with about 20k km...

I'm happy to help, VanNostrand. Please PM me your VIN, registered name on the vehicle, daytime phone number, and preferred dealer info; I'll loop in your regional customer service manager.

Kwasi

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took my car in last week to get an oil change and figured while I was there I would attempt to get this issue fixed again but this time I decided to have the mechanic come out when i shut the car off so that if it happened he could hear it right there and I wouldn't have to come back again. Anyways long story short after spending a day with the car he did in fact find something wrong with it and i finally got the car back today because they had to order the part to fix it. The mechanic said that one of the radiator cooling fans wasn't spinning properly and he had to replace the radiator cooling fan and the assembly. Ive only had the car back for less then a full day and I haven't really gotten the chance to drive it much since Ive been working but so far so good. Thank you for the replies and I hope that this information helps VanNostran and anyone else who has this issue in the future!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The mechanic said that one of the radiator cooling fans wasn't spinning properly and he had to replace the radiator cooling fan and the assembly. Ive only had the car back for less then a full day and I haven't really gotten the chance to drive it much since Ive been working but so far so good. Thank you for the replies and I hope that this information helps VanNostran and anyone else who has this issue in the future!
I suspected this might be a fan. Great to hear this was addressed. Will definitely mention this to my dealer mechanic when I got for an oil change. Thank you for sharing this with us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts