Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this has been bothering me for a while now, only now and then I will jump on the pedal and the engine just "chokes". during normal driving its fine, idel is fine. what I belive it to be is, the stock pipe that come off the PCV valvehad brooke so I put in a peice of hose and the hose is colapsing, due to the vacum pressure. do you guys think this is my problem? if you have any other ideas let me know please.

·
Registered
764 Posts
That very much could be the problem, I would get that fixed. But you might want to disconnect your negative battery cable for about ten minutes to reset your ecu, you may be having mixture problems.

·
Registered
759 Posts
yes that is your issue.. i did the same thing.. put some cheap hose in and it collapsed.. when it did my idle start up(when i get on the pedal at startup) would kill it

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
reinforced silicon hose

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
mine did that but it was plug wires

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay replaced the vacum line with neopren hose and put a elblow in do make it turn down below the intake pipe. hopfuly this takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
759 Posts
let me know.. mine stoped when i replaced it with a much stronger hose hopefully your's will too..

·
Registered
7 Posts
for some reason its like you can stomp the hell out of the gas but it has like a 2 or 3 second delay before it picks up the feed and accelerates its a pain in the ass, its best (if you race often) if you have this problem just get a good 25 mph troll going and then go for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts