Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm posting here, just for a bit of advice. I have a Ford Focus 1.6 LX 2005 5-door estate. Nothing special, but a good car none-the-less. The other day the oil light came on whilst I was driving up the M40. So I stopped the car, turned off the ignition and checked the oil using the dip stick. The oil was fine. Just a tad above the max mark. The car was serviced around 3,000 miles ago and the oil changed at that time. It was the full 75,000 mile service. So I don't think there is a problem with the oil in the car.

When I re-started the engine, the oil light did not come back on, and I was able to continue my journey without the light coming back on. I did another 300 miles or so in the car before the oil light came on again. Once again I stopped the car and checked the oil. All fine. Again, starting the car cleared the oil light warning.

Does this sound like I have a sensor problem? Or could this still be a more serious engine issue?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Could be a sensor or you may be losing oil pressure which I believe would cause the light to come on aswell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oil Pressure can be the cause. Take the car to the mechanics and check the oil pump if it is ok. It is very risky to drive with no oil pressure because it can cause melting the pistons and damage the whole engine.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Faulty Sensor, or it could be clogged/blocked. Make sure its clean and try it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts