Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on an on ramp going pretty darn fast with someone in the passenger seat, and when I got towards the bottom adn started to speed up more, my parking light brake came on.... and stayed on until I straightened up. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I have 74.5k miles on the car. Also, the rear brakes have started to squeal the first few stops really loud. Does this mean i need to change them, or that there is something wrong? That light freaked me out!

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
maybe ur passenger pulled it cuz they were scared, lol

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
that light is also hooked to the resivoir in your engine bay for your brake/clutch fluid level... check it... its probably alittle low.

·
Registered
399 Posts
yeah when my brake fluid was getting low, turns would cause the light to go on. during straights, the light went off. its only a matter of time before the light always stays on and you have to diagnose why the brake fluid is low.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
No need to diagnose anything....the fluid level goes down normally as the pads/shoes wear down. The fronts usually wear faster, so check the fronts first.

·
Registered
399 Posts
that is what diagnosing means. to determine the cause of a symptom. symptom: low brake fluid. cause: low pads/shoes, leaks in brake lines, etc.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Might also check that the wire on the top of the reservoir is completely connected. You'll have to do that while checking and filling the fluid anyway. Mine can be a little tricky sometimes.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the clutch master cylinder. It was leaking fluid like crazy all over my clutch pedal, so I had to change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts