Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a weird sound , almost every time i shut off my car i hear a click noise like something shutting I think its my DSI CLIP but I have not lost any power and i have no CEL.... and the click normally takes a second to happen like I will shut of the car and 3 seconds later it will click... Could it be something sticking or what ? Thanks in advance!

- Josh

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Could just be normal noise, as long as its running right i think your good. Mine makes noise to i used to worry now i just say "eh whatever" cuz the car has and is running fine.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
is it somewhat of a loud clunk, or something that sounds like mice in the wall?

if its the loud clunk, its the DSI dropping back down. for whatever stupid reason, it sometimes takes a while for it to go back to long runner position. although, after doing a complete cleanup on my intake manifold and using a catchcan that nearly completely eliminates oil in the intake, i have yet to hear the clunk come back.

if its the mice i speak of, its the AUX gauges. the stepper motors are junk. i have had mine replaced once already.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
^^^I get a mice clicking sound right when I kill the motor....AUX gauges??? all my gauges work...im confused more info please.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
they will continue to work fine. they prolly wont fail, but they will continue to make the noise. i can hear mine at idle now.

its the stepper motors.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I get the same thing... a small "whoosh" followed by a few small clicks. I have no idea what it is, but Ive also been having problems with the IMRC motor and the infamous P1518 code as well. I assume theyre related...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks scrammer i was pretty sure it was just the runners falling ... and i do have that mice sound so thanks again i did not know that was it! so let me get this straight everytime i shut the car off it goes into the long runner position ?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I always thought the whoosh/winding down sound was from the fuel pump, but I could be wrong. My '02 did it, my '04 does not

·
Registered
14 Posts
I notice a few clicks after I turn my car off I always thought it was relays or solenoids clicking and was normal.

When I start my car in the morning or the first time of the day after sitting a long time I would hear a clunk but never knew it might have been the imrc thanks for the info...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts