Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered my exhaust from mbrp for my 03 svt, anyways they asked for my social number. i asked why and they said for customs.... is that normal? has anyone else ordered directly from mbrp and had this happen to them? or should i be worried...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Why would they need you're Social Security number ?

Seems freakish to me, I've orderd Rims, Exhausts, Body parts, Headlamps ect from various companies Summit, Focus Sport, Bat Inc ect none have ever asked me for anything but mailing adress and credit card information.

I'de be concernd with all the scams these days.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
What does customs have to do with you? I dont know much about customs except they check the package for illegal stuff hidden in the boxs. So why would they need your SSC#, unless they find something and then the FBI will be coming for you b/c it has your name all over it.

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
I ship things/receive things from overseas all the time and no one has ever needed, nor is there a place on any paperwork for, a SSN. Call them back and ask to speak to a manager.

I'm thinking someone got a little overzealous with the information-gathering and asked for your social "just in case" it was needed because he/she wasn't sure. Call them back, though...speak to a manager and ensure that whatever your SSN was written on has been destroyed (as best you can).

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I know when I shipped something to Canada once UPS required a phone number for the recipient, but definitely Social never came up.

I think Amanda's got it, the rep on the phone might've just been trying to make sure all bases were covered so they didn't have to call you back to get more info. Definitely get in touch with them and have that deleted though (I'll assume they have an automated network).

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Same here, they didnt ask for mine either.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The only reason they could want your ssn is so they can jack the rest of your money too lol. Ive never needed to give out mine when ordering stuff and I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had that same experience....they asked for social security number from me also, said the same thing about customs...doesn't make any sense, I live in WV at that........hmm

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I wouldn't give out your SS# for any type of merchandice order/purchase.

I've ordered products from Canada, Japan and the UK in the last couple of years and I've never had to give out anything but my address and payment.

·
Registered
273 Posts
just call and order

but when you call ask to talk to ed roberts he will str8in ever thing out

·
Registered
168 Posts
They didnt need my SS when I placed my order a few months back. So it must be something new I guess, or something odd.. Congrats on getting the MBRP. It sounds good, nice & melow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts