Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[spank]Last Fall I had an issue after driving about 30 miles the TPM light would beep & flash & stay on saying fault---all winter while it is cold no matter how far I drive never comes on---today in my area it hit 60* & again started the same issue of coming on---(ALL TIRES PROPER PRESSURE AND OK) it's a 2012 with 86000 miles are monitors wearing out? Also seems to have another issue that intermittently the horn will beep when you lock the doors--electrical related issue or something else...hmmmmm..thanks MJB

·
Registered
619 Posts
I believe that a flashing TPMS light that then turn solid is an issue with a sensor.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I called dealer saying it could be computer module located by back passenger door? huh? At least $550 plus!! Wow!! Ideas?? Thanks ( 11 computers in car) ANY IDEAS ????

·
Registered
619 Posts
Doubtful IMO that it's a bad module. I've heard the sensors can freeze up if it's too cold out. New oem sensors are a little over 50 each if you have to replace one/some of them: http://www.fordpartsprime.com/parts-list/2012-ford-focus-se-4-cyl-2-0-l-flex/tire-pressure-monitor-components.html
Or they are ~$20 on Amazon. I originally got a set directly from Amazon in 2013 for ~$35 each.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TZSAJI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
81 Posts
TPMS malfunction

I believe that a flashing TPMS light that then turn solid is an issue with a sensor.
Correct. If the TPMS light flashes and then goes solid, it indicates a malfunction with the system (sensor or otherwise). From the 2012 Owner's Manual:

Your vehicle has also been equipped with a TPMS malfunction indicator to indicate when the system is not operating properly. The TPMS malfunction indicator is combined with the low tire pressure telltale. When the system detects a malfunction, the telltale will flash for approximately one minute and then remain continuously illuminated. This sequence will continue upon subsequent vehicle start-ups as long as the malfunction exists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts