Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally fixed my idle problem (a combination of things were done and now it seems to be perfect). But now I have a different problem, and i can't find any instance of this happenning to anyone else.

When accelarating the revs will be inconsistent. around ~3500 the revs will raise quite quickly, then it will "hang" at about ~4500, after a little while they will start to go back up. This problem doesn't just happen at 3500, but happens at any rpm, it is VERY inconsistent. There is no stumbling or bogging. At first I thought it was the clutch, but there is absolutely no clutch smell. I am completely confused and all help is appreciated. It seems like i just can't get rid of all these damn bugs in my car! [mad] [mad] [mad]

what could this be??? [confused]

thanks,
bartek

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I REALLY don't think it is my fuel pump.

a) does not bog nor stumble.
b) no stumbling/bogging doing a right hand turn with less than 1/8th tank, i don't even stumble/bog with the gas light on.
c) I had the fuel pump replaced 10k miles ago due to the notorious fuel pump problem, completely different symptoms than what i am getting now.

thanks for the replies,

bartek

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah if u had it replaced u shouldnt be having probs already with it. thats pretty weird what ur experiencing? no CEL? if it is u could get that checked out. otherwise id check sparks and make sure ur wires are all good but it sounds like u already did that a while go. sorry, maybe someone else can help more

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no cel. I kinda wish I had one so i could find out what the hell is wrong.

thanks,
bartek

·
Registered
291 Posts
IDK thats messed up...It could probably be a sensor going bad or something. Thats the only thing i could think of.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
could this be a tps problem or perhaps a transmission problem?

thanks

bartek

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Don't know if you tried this but when in doubt I un hook the battery for a few hours. Sounds stupid but works to fix some things. But then again you have a few mods. Maybe something to do with the air fuel mix? Just puting in my 2 cents. Just an amature.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hhhmmm This is bothering me. If it's not bogging then it's not fuel air mix. hhhmmmm do you notice anything with the performance or is it just the tach?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
smoknzx3 said:
hhhmmm This is bothering me. If it's not bogging then it's not fuel air mix. hhhmmmm do you notice anything with the performance or is it just the tach?
I always disconnect the battery and let the ecu reset whenever i do anything to the car, but it did not help.

The car does not accelerate consistently. when it "halts" at a certain rpm the car accelerates at that rpm. So there isn't a complete loss of power, but it doesn't act like it should. It just doesn't pull at all like it should. [???:)] [:(]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've had the same tps forever, this problem is recent.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, I blocked off my egr at the header. Runs smoother, and idles like buttah. But today, i was cruising in 4th at about 3500 and i put it at 60% throttle, the rpms shot up very quickly, but the car only accelerated as if i was lightly touching the gas.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I went to the ford service department at my local dealer (who has helped me in the past), and I described all my symptoms. The guy told me that it is the clutch. I asked him, "even if i do not smell the it, you think it's the clutch?" his reply: yes. So, I guess i am screwed and have to replace my clutch once again.

bartek

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have talked to FC and they are being EXTREMELY helpful. This whole situation is starting to make alot more sense as it evolves. apparently the FC clutch is only good for 15k miles. But, I think i maybe getting something a little stronger.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
what 15k? FC makes some shotty parts from time to time... especially on 1st gen products. id definately get a dif clutch... im startin to wonder if its a trend for high perf clutches to be so short term

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the whole clutch is not the problem, just the disk. Actually there is a stronger one in development. The clutch worked like a charm, it just did not last as long as i assumed. it was a great product, and i don't believe FC actually produced it, probably a company contracted out for their clutches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts