Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2001 ZX3 with a Zetec and all of a sudden the front end is making a weird knocking noise. To give you a little background. The car has not been steadily driven for three weeks. I was out of town for a week and during my absence Oregon received a bunch of snow. I cleaned the snow off and drove the car for about ten minutes with no problems and then parked it in a garage for two weeks. I drove the car yesterday while running errands and that the car had a weird noise coming from the front end when I started from a stop. It sounds like something is hanging and hitting something else, but it makes no noise when the car is at highway speeds only when I start from a stop or when I have slowed way down. I looked under the hood and underneath the whole car but cant seem to find the culprit. The car is running fine otherwise and all of my fluids seem to be in order. If you have any ideas could you give me a hand? Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a how to replace end links? I found that you can get them relatively cheap at any auto parts store. Will I need to remove the front wheels? Can I do with the car on ramps or do I need jack stands? Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you will need to jack and support the car remove the front tires and they are easily accesable cost is about 50-100$ depends where you buy them a wrench and a set of allen keys to replace quite easy less than an hour

They connect to the sway bar to the shock its easy to tell if they are shot

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bluebird I just replaced mines 3 days ago, I bought them from Autozone the Moogs one's

they have them for $11.49 a piece. You do not need to grease them they are pre-

greased.

All you need is an Allen Wrench and number 15 Wrench.. And that is it...

I can send you pics on how to do it if you want.

Thanks,

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts