Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that the interior of the fog light housings are peeling. Basically it's the reflector. It looks like crumpled foil. Has anyone seen this happen to your fog lights? Well, time to look for replacements. I'd like to go OEM, but if they are going to do this every 3 to 4 years, maybe not. [???:)]

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Never heard of that particular problem. Maybe try and hit up a local pick and pull to find some good used ones.

If you want new OEM; call the parts department at Tousley ford or Hilbish ford. Excellent support for our community.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have not had any problems with mine (05 ST) @ 92K miles, but I don't use them lots, except in ....fog!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had that problem with one of mine because the housing was cracked. It resulted in the fog light basically doing nothing for shining on the road. Ordered one online for $45 shipped which was much better than the $100+ the dealer wanted.

·
Registered
659 Posts
mine have peeled and rolled up also.Had the extended warranty took it to Ford dealer and they weren't covered under warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MAINEST,
I saw a post you made back in march 2010 and replied to it yesterday. I was wondering what you ended up doing to replace your shattered fog light. Did you end up getting it from the dealer or online?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts