Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago, I had the clutch TSB done on my '03 Pitch Black SVTf, and I was very happy with it.
But soon after, (a day or so), I noticed a very strange metal on metal grinding/rubbing sound when I would disengage the clutch at high revs. It sounded AWFUL, and I took it back to the dealer. They couldn't find anything wrong, and thought they found two little heat shields next to the battery box that were rattling, causing it. So, I put a brace between them, so they wouldn't touch and rattle, but of course, that wasn't the problem. It still did it.
So, I took it to a dealer closer to me, and they couldn't even replicate the sound, much less find it. At this point, I'm so fed up that I just give up and drive on it.
Fast-forward to today. The sound is barely there anymore, and only really comes around after I've been driving for a while. But the clutch is still working great.

This leads me my discovery this morning. I've found that I can induce this horrible rubbing/grinding sound when I turn LEFT. Doesn't need to be sharp, but it really comes about then. I'm...at a loss. I love my SVT, and I just want to get this thing fixed.

Any thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Ford's incompetent, plan on either lemoning the car or paying for a new clutch, flywheel, and whatever else broke out of pocket.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'd really not want to go that route. The car is still under warranty, so I'm not paying a damn thing out of pocket. I just want to get it resolved before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
did they put a new clutch in? there is a wear in period on new clutches and if you beat on it at all to soon you could have burned the clutch out. i dont know how to explain the noise when turning left... the turning your wheels is totally seperate from clutch flywheel asembly and i dont see how they would have an effect on each other.... not to sound stupid but are you sure its not a rotor? get back to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts