Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a focus sport exhaust system and when the car is turned off, I hear a weird clicking sound. I drove home from a buddies house tonight, pulled up in my driveway, turned the car off, got some stuff out of the trunk and I hear this click click click click coming from what sounds like where the focus sport resognator replaces the stock cat. ANybody know what this is and should I be worried? It went on for a good 10 minutes after turning the car off slowly slowing down. So after hearing this, I took the car for a ride. It runs good and I really only hear this clicking sound after turning the car off. I really don't hear it when it is idling or on the gas. I don't ever remember the stock exhaust system doing this. ANy advice or responses are appreciated. I broke my computer so if anybody responds, I won't get back here probably until tomorrow. If it makes any difference, I have an 06 ST with just intake/exhaust performance wise, the car has 2500 miles, I have had the exhaust installed for 6 days, and it is cold tonight, probably only in the 40's.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump anybody??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you sure it isn't the car just cooling down e.g. the shrinking/fitting of hot metal? My guess is that it's your exhaust-header cooling off.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thr3ddy said:
Are you sure it isn't the car just cooling down e.g. the shrinking/fitting of hot metal? My guess is that it's your exhaust-header cooling off.
That may very well be the case, and if it is I guess I have no reason to worry. I put my car in the street from the driveway with the car on for like 30 seconds and it did nothing so you may be right. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts