Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
... added carbon vinyl to cut down weight ...
I never new adding carbon vinyl was to cut down on weight..... Sorry had to.

How funcitonal do you want to keep your car as a functional daily driver to seat 4-5 people?

as stated spare tire and everythign else, (use towing service on insurance or a small air pump and patch kit). remove seats, head liner, internal plastic peices, carpet, etc. how extreme do you want to go?

Can get a small light weight AGM battery and aluminium battery bracket (does the battery stuff for the ST fit the non ST's).

You can start scraping sound deadening material off. remove the speakers (or some of the speakers and reduce the size of others)... again how crazy do you want to go?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,305 Posts
Keep improving your driving skills, try different corning entrance, center off exit speeds, w/ different lines & try left foot braking to settle the front end...I'm sure you tried different tire pressures also. Keep notes of what works & what doesn't for your driving style. Talk & ask what others are doing & keep having fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ontario winters have brutal humidity. Windshield frosts thick in just a couple seconds on the -40C mornings. If the compressor saves me from being blinded it stays. Our temps make me seriously consider if Universal Health Care is worth it... just kidding Canada is great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Losing weight is a noble endeavor, however, realistically unless you want to gut it out and convert it to an all out race car (which would be cool, but impractical for daily use) you're not going to loose much weight. If going the all out race car method maybe 400lbs could be removed, if going the daily driver method maybe 70-80lbs could be removed.

- body/frame
- doors
- trunk lid
- glass (all of the glass)
- engine and transmission
- full tank of gas
- wheels/tires
- seats

...is pretty much what makes up the cars weight.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts