Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the difference in weight between the 15 spoke aluminum wheels on the C-Max/Focus Electric and the Alloys from the SE w/ 201A?

Also while I'm at it, the 15 spokes seem to be fitted with 225/50/15 instead of 215/50/15 would there be any negative impact of adding the extra 10 mm to the tire width on the SE?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

If not I can grab a bathroom scale and weigh the wheels on our C-Max and the wheels on the Focus and see what the difference is. But that would be tires and all.

I couldn't find this info online anywhere.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright here I go replying to myself again haha

I found out the Focus Electric/C-Max 15 spokes weigh around 22.5 lbs per rim and are designed to be more "aerodynamic" providing slightly better fuel efficiency over a more open style rim even if it's lighter.

Still no idea how much the stock 17x7's weigh from the 201a package

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
Alright here I go replying to myself again haha

I found out the Focus Electric/C-Max 15 spokes weigh around 22.5 lbs per rim and are designed to be more "aerodynamic" providing slightly better fuel efficiency over a more open style rim even if it's lighter.

Still no idea how much the stock 17x7's weigh from the 201a package
I dont have the answers but if you have the wheel/tire and can bath room scale it...you can then look up the wieght of the tire online. Most manufacturers list that as part of their specs. Then just subtract from your bathroom scale. Should get you close to +/- 1lbs

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks. I will try that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts