Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well club focal-point went to the track here are some pics SVT-kyle white-me red-nick
in the videos i ran a 10.6 and all i have is a MBRP and a custom SRI the, its also the first time ive ever raced. svt has all the bolt ons you can buy and a dyno tuned by tom. red car has K&N air charger and draxas header with cat cut out and pipe replacement

videos

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
did the sti jump the tree? it didn't look like the svtf had launched until the sti was alreadt past the tree

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yea i got this shit kicked out of me

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Kyle, where was this track at, wish i would have known about it if it was close enough. I would have tried to be there.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
svtguy, i just noticed something,.. you have all those bolt-ons and ur at 159 WHP? dont SVT run approx 170 stock? or am I confused?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
cruzstyle said:
well club focal-point went to the track here are some pics SVT-kyle white/me red-nick

in the videos i ran a 10.6 and all i have is a MBRP and a custom SRI
Not bad! What mph did you run?

I recently ran a [email protected] mph with my new ST, and it was my first time to the track with this car as well.

And seeing that my car only had 1,800 miles on the odo when I raced it, she's not even close to being broken in yet for making her max hp.

That won't happen for at least another couple of thousand miles.[;)]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
well i must i have got A really weak svt. with all my bolt ons and a internet tune from tom i had 145. After a dyno tune i have 159whp and 142 lbs torque. I think mentally i have grown up alot about power and the whole car thing. I mean reality hit and it's just not cool to bullshit anymore, you know

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Re: Re: weekend @ the 1/8th (56k grab a snickers)

firemanfrank said:
Not bad! What mph did you run?

I recently ran a [email protected] mph with my new ST, and it was my first time to the track with this car as well.

And seeing that my car only had 1,800 miles on the odo when I raced it, she's not even close to being broken in yet for making her max hp.

That won't happen for at least another couple of thousand miles.[;)]
You should be able to drop like 3 tenths off that time. what is your 60' time?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Re: Re: Re: weekend @ the 1/8th (56k grab a snickers)

MightyMouse32287 said:
You should be able to drop like 3 tenths off that time. what is your 60' time?
I'm the one on the left ....

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Oh yeah. Work on the launch. 2.544 is very high my best is 2.319 if you can get it down into the mid to low 2.3's you will be in good shape.

How are you launching your car?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
MightyMouse32287 said:
Oh yeah. Work on the launch. 2.544 is very high my best is 2.319 if you can get it down into the mid to low 2.3's you will be in good shape.

How are you launching your car?
Well, I only was able to get 3 runs in that night. And those runs were the very first time that I've raced the ST, and, it was also the 1st time that I've been to the track in almost 10 years.

Still, I was lowereing my ET's with each successive run!

That having been said .....

To avoid the dreaded wheel hop (which I experienced with my first 2 runs) on my 3rd and final run I dropped the clutch at only about 1500 rpm's.

The tires screeched a littlle, and then as soon as they hooked I nailed it.

Then I powershifted the 1/2 and the 3/4 shifts at 6000 rpm thru the end of the 1/4 mile (powershifts were picture perfect).

So what do you suggest?

If I had more runs, I was planning on gradually bringing up my launch RPM's with each run.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
I launched at 4k rpms not dropping the clutch entirly but releasing it somewhat fast until its completly out. I didn't power shift at all and shifted at 6.5k rpms.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
MightyMouse32287 said:
I launched at 4k rpms not dropping the clutch entirly but releasing it somewhat fast until its completly out. .
And no wheel hop? Did the tires spin much?

I didn't power shift at all and shifted at 6.5k rpms
So is that where we're supposed to be shifting at? I remember that the dyno charts for the 2.3 showed it to be making peak hp at like 5700-5800 rpm.

But maybe 6500 rpm shifting is the way to go (at least in 1st and 2nd gear), seeing how fast she spools up.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
6.5k might be a little high even for a duratec, i would still shift at 6k...and i am curious as well with the svt times, i know down low they bog but the orange foci raped that svt all the way through the 1/8th, whats up with that man?

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
firemanfrank said:
And no wheel hop? Did the tires spin much?
Nope no wheel hop. The tires didn't spin very much. They do spin but not very much. Then spin very slightly shifting into 2nd gear as well.
So is that where we're supposed to be shifting at? I remember that the dyno charts for the 2.3 showed it to be making peak hp at like 5700-5800 rpm.

But maybe 6500 rpm shifting is the way to go (at least in 1st and 2nd gear), seeing how fast she spools up.
This is all numbers made up but say your make 90hp at 5000 rpms, 110 at 5500 rpms, 130 at 6000rpms, and 110 at 6500rpms. Now if you shift at 6000rpms and it drops 1000rpms then that would put you at 5000-6000 rpms(90-130hp) but if you shift at 6500rpms and it drops 1000rpms then it would put you at 5500-6500rpms(110-130-110).

So which would you choose 90-130(110 average) or 110-130-110(120 average)?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i cant seem to get into running the 1/8th... i like to run the full 1320. best 1/8th was 10.052 @ 69.89 on my way to the time in my sig.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Auto0utcast said:
i cant seem to get into running the 1/8th... i like to run the full 1320. best 1/8th was 10.052 @ 69.89 on my way to the time in my sig.
Well, if I can drop my 60 ft. times somewhat, I just might sneak up on your 10.052!

(though dropping .419 sec. sounds easier than it is)

LOL

Maybe. Just maybe .... [;)]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts