Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the time of year when most everyone is starting to think about the toll winter weather will take on the interior of our babies .
I had the box of Weathertech mats sitting in the garage before my car actual got delivered to me , LOL
Brought the 2014 home and immediately installed the mats .
The fit was great ,they locked onto the driver side pegs , the price was steep , the dead pedal coverage fell short .
The passenger side mat didn't cover high enough to protect the carpet if the passenger extended their legs .
Passengers legs fully extended , the balls of her feet would still contact the carpet .
The rear mat fit equally well , however it will rarely see a passenger so not as concerned .
After pondering my choices overnight , I removed them to return them.

I went back to the old school method of protection.
A stack of opened newspapers under a set of old Pant Saver mats, this is where the wife starts growling. LOL
While this method looks like hell any moisture that escapes the mat is quickly absorbed by the newspaper.
Newspaper is readily available and easy to change threw out the winter.
Downfall , the wife doesn't stop growling.[sadpanda]

After reading here , there and just about every where I decided to order a set of Husky Liner WeatherBeater Mats .
The reviews say they cover the dead pedal , mats are more pliable making wet removal easier , and a set is only about half the price of the Weathertech set.

Wifey grumbling and growling has already decreased .LOL

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes , already returned them
Fortunately I wasn't charged any restocking fee's
I had considered trying to sell them however shipping costs suck in Canada

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You did great chosing the Huskys'. I have them since the begining and they are awsome.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I chose Husky's because of the dead pedal coverage. I got them both for the front and rear and couldn't be happier with my decision!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered a 2014 with the winter package so it came with the 4-Ford's winter mats. I still have the Husky mats I got for our 2012 trade-in, so I'll be using them this winter. *The Ford mats are still in their package if anyone is interested in purchasing them before they go up on Craig's List ???

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you have an Auto/DCT then you NEED to get the husky's because of the deadpedal coverage.
Manuals could go with either, just depends what you do with that clutch foot.

I have a manual and went with the huskys and havent regretted it one bit. They're also a tad cheaper than the Weathertechs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thank you all for confirming my decision. I will be ordering the Husky Liners this weekend! Bonus that they're cheaper than the WeatherTech's!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Had the Huskys, didn't like the spikes on the bottom. Chucked them this spring and bought the Weathertechs. Yes, the dead pedal coverage falls a bit short, but I think the Weathertechs are better quality (and should be since they cost more). Either Huskys or Weathertechs are better than regular floor mats.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another vote for Husky, got them a couple weeks after purchasing the car. Considered weathertech but the lack of dead pedal coverage did it for me. Plus the price was good. Also got the cargo liner which works great.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had my husky's for a year and a bit, love them and the carpet below looks like brand new.

My dad bought weather-techs for his new mitsubishi and hates them. He says the dead-pedal coverage sucks and dirt gets behind the mat from there.

To each their own, the weather-techs are thicker and more rigid, my only complaint is my husky's have curled a bit on the long straight edges.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
......my only complaint is my husky's have curled a bit on the long straight edges.
Yours too huh? Mine have done the same. Going into my third winter with them. Other than that little issue though I think they are great, nice and deep, great coverage, easy to clean.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yours too huh? Mine have done the same. Going into my third winter with them. Other than that little issue though I think they are great, nice and deep, great coverage, easy to clean.
Yeah just a touch, enough for me to notice but no one else not looking for it would see/care. I'm sure they'll curl more as they age but overall I'm still very pleased.

They're thinner than the Weathertechs and that's probably why. Glad I'm not the only one, I thought maybe washing them too much or something did it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah just a touch, enough for me to notice but no one else not looking for it would see/care. I'm sure they'll curl more as they age but overall I'm still very pleased.

They're thinner than the Weathertechs and that's probably why. Glad I'm not the only one, I thought maybe washing them too much or something did it!
+1 on the thinner part. Pet peeve of mine is the floor mats keep you from fully utilizing a pedal. My set of Huskyliners for my truck also has that dreaded curl on the edge of the collection reservoir, but not on my focus set. Go figure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Huskys in my 2012 5 speed and just ordered a set for my 2008. The finish and texture of the weathertechs is better looking, I think, but why go to the expense of getting these pricey mats and still have a dirty spot under your left foot. Why are the Weathertechs more expensive for a smaller mat? Both the Huskys and the Weathertechs look like about $8 worth of plastic.

In my part of Canada, Newfoundland, Action Truck Caps is a dealer of both types of mats. I paid about 180 bucks for each set of four, the 2012 and the 2008. The manufacturers websites have them cheaper, but shipping brings it back up.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wasn't trying to make it a pi**ing match between Huskys and Weathertechs, but since I've owned both thought I would comment. To each their own, both will protect your carpet and both made in the U.S. I prefer the Weathertechs and the lower dead pedal coverage isn't a big deal for me. I just don't put my boots up on the dead pedal area so much.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts