Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was posting in the Husky Liners thread, but figured I should start a new WeatherTech thread since there wasn't one.

Just got my new WeatherTech front liners (didn't order the back), for my 2012 SE hatch.

Drivers side uses the 2 clips to hold it down, and the passenger side just sits there. I don't think you need the clips at all since these are moulded and don't really go anywhere except where there are moulded to.

I think they are the best ones out there, but I don't think this design for the Focus is as good as my Tacoma (this is a pic of someone else's Tacoma). The Tacoma wraps up on the side a bit to protect all the carpet, where the Focus still has some exposed carpet which could get some muddy dripping on it.

I'm happy with the purchase because I was out the last few weekends with the family and the carpet mats are already dirty from some mud. Now all I need is the rear cargo liner.

;D

·
Registered
747 Posts
husky looks way better imo. covers the "dead pedal" area where you'll rest your foot.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
It's listed on their site, just no picture. And it's only for "sedan" with no sub. I'm not sure if the sedan/hatch differ at all in the trunk area.

;D
Sedan is longer. Someone ordered a hatch liner for their sedan and it looked horrible. It was returned shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got the factory rubber Ford trunk liner in my Ti sedan.

Fits like a glove, on par with WeatherTech mats. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Weathertech liners have a much sexier look for the car, but the Husky liners have way more coverage and are cheaper. Looks like I'm going with the Husky liners.

Thanks much for the pics, they're extremely helpful.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have WeatherTech mats in my Silverado and it looks like WeatherTech cheaped out on material for the Focus. Why did they not go further up on the passenger side and only cover half the dead pedal. I really like them in my truck , but unless they change them I'm going to get the Husky liners.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
It's listed on their site, just no picture. And it's only for "sedan" with no sub. I'm not sure if the sedan/hatch differ at all in the trunk area.

;D
No pic was my big problem with the WeatherTech and Husky options. Read in a different thread that with one of these (don't remember which) it was generic for with sub and without but with sub you had to hack a piece of it out. Didn't want to cut up a new liner.

I've got the factory rubber Ford trunk liner in my Ti sedan.

Fits like a glove, on par with WeatherTech mats. :)
Went with the same after thinking about it for a while. Since they are custom fit for with sub and without (and I saw pics) it seemed right. Not quite the same quality as the floor mats but I am not as harsh with the cargo area as I am with the cabin so again I went with it. Just put it in after work today and it is a nice fit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is the back mat:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmm...I was hoping the WeatherTechs would cover the dead pedal area more. :(

I've got the Ford all-weather mats, and the only real gripe I have is with that area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Received the Husky Liners on Thursday, and they fit great, plenty of coverage, so I think they will protect my carpet from wearing out.
I placed the old mats under the spare tire cover so I do not lose them in the garage. They may deaden some road sounds also.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The only pair of Weather Techs I owned were great mats (fronts only). Had 'em in a Z28 and a WRX ................"before" they had an unfortunate accident. I ordered the winter package with my SE sport..........think that came with some sort of protective rubber mats 'n stuff. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts