Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is product is a must in Texas. Made in Germany. Better than Ford's stick on version.

[/IMG]

Only problem is my window thinks it is an obstruction. Need figure out the "up" override.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sweet! Any more pictures? I am waiting for them to get the rear set in as well before I buy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
yeah there's been a few threads on this.. i believe they said the rears were due some time this fall.. that's what i'm holding out for before i order them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is product is a must in Texas. Made in Germany. Better than Ford's stick on version.

[/IMG]

Only problem is my window thinks it is an obstruction. Need figure out the "up" override.
[duh]I thought all weathertech products were made in the USA???They advertise that way???[?|]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have some wind noise to resolve. The window needs a little help to squeeze in the top door track. Might have to take the door panel off to adjust the window up curve to fore more inward pressure.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Has anyone asked Weather Tech where the rear vent shades are?!?! [poke]

·
Registered
534 Posts
HEADS UP!

Just got off the phone with a Kelly from MacNeil (WeatherTech), and she says the rear vent shades for the 4 door and 5 door are scheduled to be received and available by March 16th.

There you go. [thumb]

·
Registered
117 Posts
These are on my list. Have them on the VW and love them. Best part about them is that they are not stick on's. They will never come off at the carwash. They will never flap in the wind down the highway.

We did get all four for our Edge, but the rears didn't want to stay in due to the rear door not having much of a curve. I really only see the fronts as necessary.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Haven't seen these up yet. If they are, here they are again. [:)]

Installed Weather Tech rear visors. I guess the fronts and rears are the same for sedan and hatch. How about that.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
Haven't seen these up yet. If they are, here they are again. [:)]

Installed Weather Tech rear visors. I guess the fronts and rears are the same for sedan and hatch. How about that.

Any problems? Wind noise, window thinking it's obstructed?

BTW how's the Griffin Air going? Would you ever consider selling a duplicate?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Lots of wind noise as mentioned in another thread I believe. It really bothers me personally, but it may not others. I had Ford OEM visors on it previously and they were hardly noticeable in additional noise. The motors seemed fine. I would recommend install on a HOT day for the seals to relax a little better. You can tell the motors are stressed by the added thickness. I was really upset with how the rears install. They go on with tape, bu that's not my problem. They are too big and do not seat all the way. You can still see the cut out if you are standing close enough. I tried everything I could to get them flush, but it would take some cutting and they were already stuck on....

As for the Ram Air.... It's a blast! [:D] lol I don't think you could get any better. There really isn't a whole lot I could package other than pre-cutting the hose and making a bracket. Cutting the hole in the factory air box, and drilling out holes in the front air dam to preference is really where the work comes in. And the expense of acquiring the parts to pre-modify would be too costly unless I started a trade in program. Kinda hard to box labor. [;)]

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
Thanks for the heads up newmission.

Sorry OP for slight thread jack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey nice tint job on the windows. Did you do then yourself?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts