Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody is running a Weapon-R header. About the same price as an FSWerks header/flex, but it's a 4-2-1 design. Any reviews? Comments?

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I think some do have it. I can't give you a review on it.

But if I had a choice I'd go with FSwerks. A company dedicated to making performance parts for the Focus and Fiesta with top notch customer service.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There have been a couple of posts of people asking about the Weapon-R header but no one that has actually tried it...well as far as I know

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I think someone needs to give it a try, I dont think I've seen a review of it yet. I'd be curious to see a dyno between the weapon-r and fswerks on the 2.0 and the 2.3, wonder if one is better than the other on the different engines (thats asking alot though)

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
just sent them an email asking for primary sizes and the collector size. desc is really vague on ebay so hope they actually answer!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just sent them an email asking for primary sizes and the collector size. desc is really vague on ebay so hope they actually answer!
Some measurements would definitely come in handy on this. I like the 4-2-1 design idea, it says the collector is "2.5 to 3 inches"...there's a big difference in there.

I also like that it has 3 02 sensor bungs. Does the OBX header only have 1? If so, do you only use the top 02 sensor? And can you disable the other 2 with a tune?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some measurements would definitely come in handy on this. I like the 4-2-1 design idea, it says the collector is "2.5 to 3 inches"...there's a big difference in there.

I also like that it has 3 02 sensor bungs. Does the OBX header only have 1? If so, do you only use the top 02 sensor? And can you disable the other 2 with a tune?

That is correct, the OBX only has one O2 sensor down at the collector, and yes you use the top O2 sensor. The other two will be disabled with a tune unless you don't mind having a constant CEL on your dash and not having the max performance out of your mod lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I was ckecking out header's a while ago, couldn't find anything w/ weapon-r header on this forum, so I started looking at Mazda forum's & find that weapon r had a lawsuit a few year's ago & they say there Junk. I don't know but what I read. I went the conventional way= 4-1 Focussport header & stealth muffler. Great craftmanship & finish is #1

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
no response from them, not sure if ill ever hear back lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
i'm glad i went with f2's v.3 when f2 was in biz... good header and not probs...never heard of weapon r cept for negative stuff

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i would stick with fswerks or obx, they are known to be reliable.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
This may be stupid but i didnt want a header with a bung on one single pipe. I dont think its a good idea to tune all 4 cylinders based on the reading of 1 certain cylinder. Why did they chose that cylinder to put the bung on?

I guess it dont matter or they wouldnt do it that way but i would much rather have readings from all 4 together myself

Maybe i just dont understand how it works?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This may be stupid but i didnt want a header with a bung on one single pipe. I dont think its a good idea to tune all 4 cylinders based on the reading of 1 certain cylinder. Why did they chose that cylinder to put the bung on?

I guess it dont matter or they wouldnt do it that way but i would much rather have readings from all 4 together myself

Maybe i just dont understand how it works?
Which header are you talking about? The OBX? If so, the bung is down at the collector, so it isn't a matter of tuning just one cylinder. Hope that helps clarify

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are you a honda? lol honestly Id stay with fswerks like people said. Weapon-R is more for the imports.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Which header are you talking about? The OBX? If so, the bung is down at the collector, so it isn't a matter of tuning just one cylinder. Hope that helps clarify
Yeah thats why i got the OBX. When i was looking at headers there was a few on e-bay that looked really good but a few of them had the bungs located on the pipe not at the collector like the OBX

I think one was a new never used focus sport header or something but it looks alot like the weapon R

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
^^ yeah you dont want to put a wideband o2 sensor on just one pipe.

F2's header had multiple bungs too

OBX or FS, either way youre buying a cossie knockoff

Still no response from WR, but I doubt ill ever hear back. would be interesting to test because its a unique design for the focus..

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
I have the Weapon R intake for my 03 zx3 with the 2.3l manual. And with an exhaust it sounded great and performance was slightly noticeable between 3k and 5500k.

But I've been thinking about throwing the exhaust manifold from Weapon R on next.

But before I commit I would want to find a few dyno sheets on it, and see if anyone has personal experience with it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But before I commit I would want to find a few dyno sheets on it, and see if anyone has personal experience with it?
This was what I had in mind for the thread initially, just trying to get some information on the Weapon-R header.

I am not considering buying it personally, but I thought the info could be useful for other members.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just ordered the OBX header. Looks like a good step up from stock and looks like it will do the job. Not to sure if I would really trust weapon-r. Setup looks kinda funky. And as far as the IM goes, it doesnt look as well rounded as the Cosi IM looks. Our motors are made to have a certain flow. Not thinking the weapon-r would be that great for our setups. Just some insight. Ya get what you pay for I guess...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
FSwerk's or OBX header & be done w/ it= proven on this forum!

I have the Weapon R intake for my 03 zx3 with the 2.3l manual. And with an exhaust it sounded great and performance was slightly noticeable between 3k and 5500k.

But I've been thinking about throwing the exhaust manifold from Weapon R on next.

I'd pass on the weapon R header & go for the FSwerk's or OBX's header= proven here! Who has a weapon R header on this forum?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts