Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow Day!!!!!!!

So yeah I got the car out this weekend to do the suspension on it and due to some parts not being in the kit I didnt get to put it on the car. I guess I should have put the cover back on it b/c this is what I woke up up this morning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if it makes you feel any better i had pulled mine out to put the new demon coil in and umm yea now my car is coated in 1/2" of ice but it looks really pretty tho

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Stupid snow, and stupid winter and stupid roads

Yay! I'm officially pissed off at God, Al Gore and his global warming and also at winter.

Today was warm enough for snow to melt. I was expecting only good stuff from today and on...but no. hell no. the roads were covered with snow mush and all that melted crap that you get. Well, it collected overtime and froze overnight. In fact, there is so much of it that its rubbing against the wheel. Removing it is impossible unless I go and wash the car. But washing my car in 0F temp will mess me up even more.

So anyway, was driving on these crappy Iowan roads, hit few bumps on the road and I hear a crack...few cracks actually, somewhere on my right front wheel. I guess the cold froze up the bumps on the road and they doubled the size now. I get out to check wtf just happened and I find out that my protective plastic got broken from the impact. Come to think of it, I was lucky. I could have ripped the whole front right fender off. The ice was still there [mad] which meant I had to go in and force it out. And boy, did I force it. Basically the whole shit fell off when I hit it couple of times. It looked like a big turd in the middle of the road.

So now, I think my screws are ripped and that's the reason my plastic is dangling. I can definitely move it with ease.

My point with this whole thread is to make sure you take that crap off, scrape it, eat it, lick it...I don't care what you do with it, but make sure its out. If you don't, you'll end up like me.

·
Registered
557 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

This is me and my winter beater trying to go to the store.

I think the plow guys thought it would be funny to plow me in.....

DAMN YOU NY WINTERS!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, the few times that i drove in the snow i hated it. Makes me glad i don't have to put up with it (what with being in southern california), but i feel bad for you guys that do.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I hate snow[:(]

And ice[:(]

I just plain hate winter altogether[:(]

·
Registered
272 Posts
^ Amen to that! I lived in Hawaii for 4 years when I was active duty in the Marine Corps. I've been back home(in WI) now for 4 years, and hate every single day that it is below 50 degrees. Right now it's -10 degrees with the wind chill outside. Can you see the excitement on my face! [:(!]

Chad

·
Registered
557 Posts
ya we got about 2 feet over the period of one day..

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
This morning I had about an inch sheet of ice form on the hood and windshield of my Focus. I spent nearly 15 minutes scraping the entire windshield off, but didn't really care much for scraping the hood. Well, when I finally hit the onramp to get to work, and get to about 45 MPH, the heavy sheet of ice I left on my hood FLEW BACK INTO MY WINDSHIELD and scared the shit out of me. I thought that ice was going to fly right through the windshield and decapitate me. Luckily it just bounced off, with no visible scratches or cracks on the windshield. Just a heads up to anybody else, to make sure that you get ALL the ice off the front portion of your car. It's probably common sense, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway. And I hope everyone has a safe drive to their morning commute.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
UPDATE:

Good news. Plastic isn't broken, but is moved out of its place. I'll try to fix it when this white shit goes away. What a relief when I saw no cracks...

·
Registered
557 Posts
ya its a 94 Honda Civic EX. I was surprised it made it through.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts