Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the production Ford Focus ST has been revealed, let's take a look at the parts your typical SE owner will be able to rip off an ST! Call it rice, posing, whatever, but I'm sure a lot of us are interested in this :)

Let's start with the front:

• Entire front bumper
  • Headlights

Side:

• Sideskirts

Rear:

• Rear bumper (possibly - depends on exhaust)
  • Exhaust (possibly)
  • LED Tails
  • Roof spoiler

Interior:

• Steering wheel- tho I don't see much of a point. Looks exactly like the sports steering wheel.
  • Center console assembly - 12v power point is in a more convenient location, the cupholders are in a more convenient location, and has a bit more usable storage space.
  • Pedal covers/shift knob
  • Seats! hopefully they will come in black leather without the two tone, as shown in the european wagon model.

And just for shits and giggles, here are the LED headlights and taillights. Man, I want these the most, I think. Seems they will be a direct swap as mentioned in another thread!

And here's some pics of the interior of the Wagon ST which shows the seats and center console a bit better.

Start saving now.. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
grrr, I see a Black headliner and window pillars.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
It would actually be cheaper to just BUY an ST.. IMO.
Then you get it all, and the resale value too.
I just bought a 2012 SE, but if i got car lust, i would go upside down to get the ST.
My last car was a Contour SVT....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nobody likes a fake. Just like the guys who make their V6 or GT look like a GT500. Make it your own not like something else.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Definitely no plans to be a poser and turn my SE into an ST wanna-be... But definitely will have to get a hold of a set of the headlights, and the black interior bits (window pillars, headliner, etc.) Also still a fan of that spoiler. It's been on my mods list since day one. Really like the seats, but not something I'd put in a stock SE without any power bumps... Would seem ricer if the seats weren't part of a bigger upgrade. Definitely loving the ST though... Kinda wish I'd waited... Guess I'll have to hope for a used one to enter the picture in 5 or 6 years. :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
I sort of want the headlights, if they looked exactly like that, but then I remember that the American ones would have to come with the orange reflectors, which make them seem waay too busy for me. Then with how the HIDs are so emphasized in the black trim, it probably would border on looking rice, or maybe just aftermarket, if put on a normal SE, especially after we see them on STs.

I kind of wish that they would just add the daytime LEDs on normal 2013 focus titaniums next year, but without the HIDs, then I would have the perfect cheaper, less ricey, and easier to install upgrade for me. Probably wouldn't have to mess with the wiring too much that way, and it would make the front end look so much nicer without looking like your trying too hard, imo.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Give it five years and those ST parts will be all over base model third gens.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nobody likes a fake. Just like the guys who make their V6 or GT look like a GT500. Make it your own not like something else.
Nobody except car enthusiasts can tell the difference between a V6 mustang and a GT500. M3 vs regular 3 series. S4 vs A4. It's the same case here, an SE Sport vs the ST look very, very similar, save for the rear exhaust setup.

BMW offers "M" packages to normal 3 series buyers which take some of the M3 body/interior elements and put them into a normal 3 series.

The only difference here is that Ford does not offer some sort of "ST" package to lower end Focus buyers, therefore we'll have to gank the parts ourselves.

I for one, will be getting the headlights, tail lights, and as many interior bits as I can, especially the seats, which are amazing. I payed approx $20k for my SE w/ sport package, and I'm guessing I can get all the ST parts I want for approx 3k. The ST will probably be starting in the high 20's and comes with features I don't really want (turbo, the ugly rear bumper and bodykit, etc.) so I'd rather have an SE with some of the stuff I enjoy out of the ST.

If people want to call me a fake or a poser, so be it. I'll be too busy enjoying my car to really care what other people have to say.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You guys need to realize this is the production version but it looks like the European market production version...

For instance, the mirror signals are on the black, not the painted part like ours are, that was my first indication. 2nd was the LED lights at all, we don't get them on any trim thus far and they do. Headlights, while they MAY be HIDs in the American market, they will have to have the amber reflectors as well.

USDM Foci also don't have the Sony system as an option without getting MFT too, so forget that center stack.

ALSO, for the OP... why can't you take the center console assembly from an SEL or Ti? Same thing with the 12v location and all... just saying.

Those black pillars are definitely enticing though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If the headlights are a match, i'd love the black w/ HID setup. I'm not for really swapping lots of stuff on the car out, I just don't love the chrome lights on my SE.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nobody except car enthusiasts can tell the difference between a V6 mustang and a GT500. M3 vs regular 3 series. S4 vs A4. It's the same case here, an SE Sport vs the ST look very, very similar, save for the rear exhaust setup.

BMW offers "M" packages to normal 3 series buyers which take some of the M3 body/interior elements and put them into a normal 3 series.

The only difference here is that Ford does not offer some sort of "ST" package to lower end Focus buyers, therefore we'll have to gank the parts ourselves.

I for one, will be getting the headlights, tail lights, and as many interior bits as I can, especially the seats, which are amazing. I payed approx $20k for my SE w/ sport package, and I'm guessing I can get all the ST parts I want for approx 3k. The ST will probably be starting in the high 20's and comes with features I don't really want (turbo, the ugly rear bumper and bodykit, etc.) so I'd rather have an SE with some of the stuff I enjoy out of the ST.

If people want to call me a fake or a poser, so be it. I'll be too busy enjoying my car to really care what other people have to say.
I'd be willing to bet you would pay more then 3K just for the seats, headlights I'll be guessing $900 each tail lights another $600 each..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys need to realize this is the production version but it looks like the European market production version...

For instance, the mirror signals are on the black, not the painted part like ours are, that was my first indication. 2nd was the LED lights at all, we don't get them on any trim thus far and they do. Headlights, while they MAY be HIDs in the American market, they will have to have the amber reflectors as well.

USDM Foci also don't have the Sony system as an option without getting MFT too, so forget that center stack.

ALSO, for the OP... why can't you take the center console assembly from an SEL or Ti? Same thing with the 12v location and all... just saying.

Those black pillars are definitely enticing though.
I think it comes down to the placement on the Ebrake. I know the Ti to SE manual swap wouldn't work because the Ebrakes are in different spots. But it looks like the ST dash may be set up the same way as the SE manual dash? Not completely sure.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Who cares what the price is, grab a set of those headlights immediately!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd be willing to bet you would pay more then 3K just for the seats, headlights I'll be guessing $900 each tail lights another $600 each..
They aren't even power seats just FYI, see the handles on the sides of them. And a set of Ti headlights costs less than $500. Regardless its all speculation at this point, point of this thread is what can be done, not what the price is.

Once again, people can call it whatever they want, but at the end of the day those of us who mod our cars will be enjoying whatever it is we decide to do.

I'm definetely excited at the prospect of swapping some of these parts in.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I was wondering what colour-matched skirts would look like on a yellow/orange 2012. I must say, I really like them.

I'll take a set, and those headlights, and those seats please.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Problem with the seats' cost is the airbag. I certainly lust for the ST yellow trim (front only) seats into my 2012 Yellow Blaze..
They might be WORTH $3,000 just to have them.
It would make my car totally unique
Aside from the seats, i do not really want any of the stuff.
I am STILL trying to tell myself i do not need or want another hotrod.
(my last car was a Contour SVT...)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am STILL trying to tell myself i do not need or want another hotrod.
(my last car was a Contour SVT...)
[nutkick]
1.) a Contour is not a "hotrod"
2.) must you reference your Contour SVT in every single post you make?????

Sorry, rant is over.

·
Registered
647 Posts
[nutkick]
1.) a Contour is not a "hotrod"
2.) must you reference your Contour SVT in every single post you make?????

Sorry, rant is over.
hot-rod
-rod·ded, -rod·ding. Slang .
verb (used without object)
1. to drive a hot rod.
2. to drive very fast.
verb (used with object)
3. to drive (a vehicle) very fast.
4. to adapt (a vehicle or its engine) for increased speed.

I think 4 would apply.

Tony

1 - 20 of 33 Posts