Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there is a direct bolt on air horn for our cars? or one that can be wired in... im sick of [email protected]*holes in traffic and want to scare the hell out of them with a louder horn[}:)]

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
pep boys sells air horn kits

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
If you get an air horn don't get a cheap one! The cheap high-pitched ones sound totally ghey.

I replaced my horn with one from a crown vic. Direct bolt on and it's quite a bit louder. Not as loud as I'd like, but it's not embarrassing now

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
It probably doesn't matter, but It was early to mid 90's I think. I got it off a parts car at the taxi company i work for.
My stock horn was a single horn, and the crown vic is a dual-horn setup.
The electric plug is exactly the same as the Focus, but you might have to bend a little tab on the crown vic mounting bracket to get it to fit

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you get an air horn don't get a cheap one! The cheap high-pitched ones sound totally ghey.

I replaced my horn with one from a crown vic. Direct bolt on and it's quite a bit louder. Not as loud as I'd like, but it's not embarrassing now

Pictures?

EDIT: oops sorry, I read it wrong. Thought ya said it was an air horn from a crown vic

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i am personally looking for the electric horn, almost like the BAAAAAHHH that the police use, dont think its impersonating until i use a siren which i wont....

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
aren't air horns illegal? They are in CA

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i am personally looking for the electric horn, almost like the BAAAAAHHH that the police use, dont think its impersonating until i use a siren which i wont....
there are local police/ems shops that install them on municipal cars. i used to see them on ebay alot when i was restoring my k9 crown victoria p71 police interceptor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts