Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehe...... my baby finally got waxed!! uh, while you're at it.... comments on my wax job, did I do it wrong? I was in a rush, I could feel a storm brewin.

Ok, it's raining right now..... so I'm gonna get some beading, but I'll wipe it off tomorrow and take some more shots... basically though I also did Armor All on the mirrors, the steering wheel... all the vinyl inside :) looks like new [thumb]

pictures are coming in a few minutes, I'm opening a photobucket site so I don't have to flood my art gallery [:p]

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
LMAO nice what wax did you use man??

Also i would try something other then armor all. I know it's good but i have seen prolonged use crack dashes and stuff. I use Meguiars interior deal AMAZING!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meguiars uh.....Gold something, lol. I used the dish detergent to strip off any of stuff on it....then I used that awesome RainX wash n wax with the beads...... then the wax [thumb]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Also i would try something other then armor all. I know it's good but i have seen prolonged use crack dashes and stuff. I use Meguiars interior deal AMAZING!
damn.... well I'll be looking for something else then lol.... I'll try that interior detail. lol I had about $35 and that was it, everything cost me $33 and that was with a few other not mentioned items. lol

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Umm, usually when you wax you wanna go in small circles to make sure you dont miss a spot. Looks like you missed some from your pics.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Umm, usually when you wax you wanna go in small circles to make sure you dont miss a spot. Looks like you missed some from your pics.
yeah I definitely missed some spots... it started raining about 5 minutes after I finished [:p]

I figure if I get the chance I'll do it again

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Yup do it again take your time and then enjoy your shiny new coat. Look into clay bars for the future maybe. Also try out meguiars i got like 65 bucks worth of stuff in a KILLER box set for 15. Like 16 or something after tax lol. All full size. Stupid walmart.

Anyways looks good i look forward to the next time.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts

x2 on the Meguiar's Interior Detailer. I swear by the stuff. It got rid of some gunk looking crap that was down below my steering wheel that I put up with forever. I use Wizard's polish on my car...not a common brand but it does a great job. But yeah. Next time you wax, ALWAYS apply in circles and wipe off in circles, doing one body panel at a time so it doesn't dry.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
x2 on the Meguiar's Interior Detailer. I swear by the stuff. It got rid of some gunk looking crap that was down below my steering wheel that I put up with forever. I use Wizard's polish on my car...not a common brand but it does a great job. But yeah. Next time you wax, ALWAYS apply in circles and wipe off in circles, doing one body panel at a time so it doesn't dry.
ah wow.....screw pep boys how-to on waxing! they instructed to go in a single line and box it out and fill it in, then wait for it to dry and polish off :|

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
ah yeah..... do I need to strip all the wax off again, or can I just do another coat?
[hihi] You can't just "strip" wax off, lol. Once it's on there you just keep working off that surface. I'd wait a couple of days and apply the second coat of wax like I said, one body panel at a time; applying in circles and wiping off in circles.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
heh.....can't you strip wax off with that dish soap that cuts tough grease? lol
Ok, I guess I was just informed that you CAN strip wax....my bad lol. I mean you could if you wanted, but I wouldn't. Just apply a second coat in a couple of days.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah that's what I'll do.... it already looks better than it did before so no reason to do the whole thing over again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts