Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My car will arrive next month. I have seen some people in this forum waxed their cars and I wonder why. Is it necessary? If so, I am willing to do it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
To me anything that helps protect your paint as well as make it look awesome is worth it. The whole paint needs cure time is an omen from the past. Waxing is one of the best things you can do owning a car. It shows you care fir your vehicle, like a clean appearance, and that your Focus is shiny lol. I am a detail Guru I am always pretty-ing up my Mustang. Just is what I like to do personally!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you wax your car? I have never done it before. Is there any source or reference on how to do this? How much does it cost to do it by yourself versus paying your dealership to do it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Waxing protects the paint finish, particularly in polluted urban environments and salty roads. It is well worth it to apply a good wax coat once or twice a year to keep the finish looking new. A side benefit is you discover any chips, dings and scratches during waxing and can fix them before they get worse or begin to rust. Consumer's Reports recommended Nu Finish, a synthetic wax a few years ago. I've been using it once a year ever since on all the cars I've owned, it goes on easy and does a fine job.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I always wax a new car when I get it. Then twice a year after that.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The paint on a new car is fully cured before it arrives at the dealership, so it's perfectly safe to wax it. A good coat of wax will help it stay shinier, last longer, and will also make it easier to wash (things like bug splatters and bird droppings won't stick so much).

I highly recommend going over any car you plan to wax with a clay bar first, to remove any embedded dirt, rail dust, etc. This will make the finish nice and smooth and the wax will be easier to apply.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Auto Washing & Detailing"

Lyonsroar has done some excellent write ups in this section. Feel free to take a look around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also it makes it so much easier to wash your car. The water will bead off in such a great manner. But I'm a detail freak I don't use towels and such to prevent scratching/ swirling and so on. All my paint freaks say yeah!!! Lol I use Meguiars and Mothers as my main sources of detailing product.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You can learn how to do it all yourself, but I might recommend that you find a great dealer in your area to do it all for you right after you receive the car. Keep the car and paint well protected!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts