Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

im trying to set my new fog lights up... but i want to use a relayed system, not just a fuse and switch.

BUT the problem is... NO WARE can i find some type of calculations to find where it shows like....

55W bulb draws 5 Amps
110W bulbs draws 10 Amps

so i can sit here and be like ### wat = ## amps per light
## amp per light X # lights = total amp draw

then for more fun of the # sign... # amp draw -/= ## amp relay.

anyone know where i can find this information?!?!

thanks
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile_ffrocks.gif

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes.

Your friend in all of this will be Ohm's Law. Seriously, make it your friend. Your best source of information will be the12volt.com where a handy chart will be.

So, a 55W bulb draws "x" amps from a 12V system.
And Amps "I"=Watts "W" divided by volts "V"
Therefore, x=55/12
You will draw 4.583 amps in that particular setup.

Hope that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES!!!! FINALLLYYYYY!!!!!

lol, no i wasnt impatience... just wanted to know what i was thinking was right :p

All because im going to be setting up some BIG Hella 130W driving lights on a friends jeep, and im going have them set up on a Relay and fuse to keep everything... safer. they are going to be bumper mounted, and he dose a lot of wheeling with it.

thanks man![loveff]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha ha

yes true, but i was thinking i might want to Mirror a set onto my car ;)

i have some aftermarket lights set up now, 2 55W "HID simulation's" and i got given a set because they "didnt work" well the wires were backwards and 1 bulbs Filament was broken. @ autozone... 39.99+tax for 2 H3 bulbs to replace. OR what im thinking of doing.. ordering 2 100-130W Hella Bulbs to put into the housing. Yes, kinda unsafe but the housing is metal and a THICK glass lenses, and that im setting up a relay on a fuse for them... to protect my ride.

ps, yes, i need some brightness because i drive 90% of the time in the dark, class by 6 AM, out of class's at 6 PM.

you guys here are grate for any randumb questions [clap]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts