Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!, I'm new to the fourms and up until 84k miles I've never had a problem with the car( 06 ford focus ZX4). Recently I moved to a different start and there has been crazy thunderstorms resulting in massive amounts of water for the last 5 days. I can hear water in my passenger door when I come to a sudden stop. I'm not sure if it actually my door but I hear a swoosh of water.

This has never happened before and I came for a city that rains a lot. How do I first find the issue and second remove the water? I don't want to deal with rusty parts on my car at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
if it is in the door you could drill a small hole in the bottom of it so that it will be able to drain out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same sound in my 07 zx5. I don't think it's in the door, it's not the gas tank or the washer fluid. If someone finds let me know.... It drive me crazy, but I don't Wana start drilling holes making my car look like Swiss cheese.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok so I wanted to reply with my solution to this. In case someone finds this in a search. I was able to seal the plastic molding down in front of the Window by the wipers. This is were it was leaking, on the passenger side. I sealed both sides(passenger and drivers side) with heavy duty roof caulk from home Depot. I tried an automotive type sealant from advanced and this didn't work. Spent 20bucks on some and didn't last 3 months and looked like crap. This time I got a 5 dollar tube of roof stuff and layed a bead down along the whole front and this seams to be working. Looks a little butter, but not as clean as factory still. But hey, it's not leaking!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts