Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed that after we get any kind of rain I am getting a water build up somewhere behind me on the Drivers side.
I looked the whole car over and there is no water inside at all.
I do have a sun roof and was thinking its running down the drain maybe the drain tube is plug but I did not see anything like that well looking it over.

Kind of driving me nuts hearing the water rush around well driving.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Check drain holes from the rocker area (bulges in the pinch point area of the seams).

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that there was a drain somewhere but I could not see anything when I was looking under it the other day.

Would it be wise to Drill out an extra drain hole or two?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Try probing the current drain sections first (real thin holes at the bulges).

They drain from the lowest point of the seam, so it's better to clean them out & get all the water.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I could not find a signal spot where the water could be draining out today. I used a small pick and shoved it into every single spot that I thought it could be.

Anyone have a pic of the spot that I am looking for?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone got a Pic of where this hole is at for the drain?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have water in my rocker panels. I drilled a small hole on either side of the car and water started POURING out. Its drives me nuts. When I take off, SLOSH, when I stop, SLUSH. GRrr

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have water in my rocker panels. I drilled a small hole on either side of the car and water started POURING out. Its drives me nuts. When I take off, SLOSH, when I stop, SLUSH. GRrr
Yea, I know it drives me up a wall every single time I hear it. I am going to have to drill some holes in it hear soon.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Did you find where the bulges are in the pinch weld area yet?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, I did not see any "bulges" along the pinch welds. That is why I was asking if any had some pics of them.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You won't see them unless you get down low enough to see the bottom or crawl enough to see the back.

Run your hand along the back side & you can feel them for quick reference.

Just looked at mine again to refresh the memory, not obvious when just staring at them from the side.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had it on a hoist and I could not see them.
I probed ever hole i could see with a pick and a flat blade screw driver and nothing.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The seam itself where the panels join & extend downwards isn't flat on both sides, that's where I'm suggesting you look.

If you had it on a hoist, you were likely lifting it by the seam I'm talking about.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The seam itself where the panels join & extend downwards isn't flat on both sides, that's where I'm suggesting you look.

If you had it on a hoist, you were likely lifting it by the seam I'm talking about.
Body seam, wow never heard of a leak there.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Ya got it backwards Bruce, tryin' to describe where the condensation usually drains out!

Something you DON'T want sealed up...

It'd be like folks wanting to seal the holes in the doors, counterproductive. You CAN'T seal them from water, just reduce how much gets in & make sure the drains are clear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just saw you're from hartland! Close to me. I'm in Pinckney, But always cruising around the Howell/Hartland Area.

My SVT with my buddies old ST.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I didn't lift on the pinch welds I went off the torsion box area when I did it. But Like I said, I need a PIC of what I am exactly looking for. I am a Visual person. Show how/what to do once and I can do it over and over again.

Just saw you're from hartland! Close to me. I'm in Pinckney, But always cruising around the Howell/Hartland Area.

My SVT with my buddies old ST.
Nice to meet someone else that is close by. You have the SVT I wanted except I wanted either Blue or Yellow but no luck finding one that is not beat on or over priced around here. Hope to see you around the area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts