Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
No but they look identical to the ones I bought from Advance Auto. Same 2 ton rating, different color. Probably all from the same factory.

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
It's late but a safety message. USE THE JACKSTANDS. I have jacked a car up and gotten out from under it to be studying a part I just took off when the jack suffered hydraulic failure to suddenly collapse, dropping the car. It certainly wiped the smile off my face.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Here is a question. What is the coolant capacity for the Focus? Do I drain everything?

·
Banned
366 Posts
My zetec coolant capacity is 6 quarts. But only about 4 drain out. Other engines may be different.

I did mine in warm weather when I could run on straight water. And I wanted to do a Thermocure flush anyway. How much you need to drain to avoid a mess, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Water pump update. The job is done. I changed out the water pump this past Sunday. It wasn't too challenging, but I took my time and checked and double checked myself. The pulley bolts on the pump were a pain because my wrench wasn't long enough but I got them. I found putting the serpentine belt back on to be the biggest pain. I am glad I bought all the tools I needed, especially the jack stands. I also discovered which tools I need to add to my tools box.

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
If you buy jack pay close attention to the overall lift height numbers mentioned on box. As of 10 years ago or so a raft of jacks showed up from China that will only jack maybe 2/3 as high as the ones we commonly had before, they often barely get a tire off the ground before running out of lift. Often SUV and truck people bring them back, they are useless; they don't go high enough.

I can install a serp belt on the tensioner in about 15 seconds on a zetec. And on one car I modded the tensioner on I can put it on by hand ONLY using no tools just as quick.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts