Focus Fanatics Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
794 Posts
No but they look identical to the ones I bought from Advance Auto. Same 2 ton rating, different color. Probably all from the same factory.

·
Registered
18,257 Posts
It's late but a safety message. USE THE JACKSTANDS. I have jacked a car up and gotten out from under it to be studying a part I just took off when the jack suffered hydraulic failure to suddenly collapse, dropping the car. It certainly wiped the smile off my face.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Here is a question. What is the coolant capacity for the Focus? Do I drain everything?

·
Banned
794 Posts
My zetec coolant capacity is 6 quarts. But only about 4 drain out. Other engines may be different.

I did mine in warm weather when I could run on straight water. And I wanted to do a Thermocure flush anyway. How much you need to drain to avoid a mess, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Water pump update. The job is done. I changed out the water pump this past Sunday. It wasn't too challenging, but I took my time and checked and double checked myself. The pulley bolts on the pump were a pain because my wrench wasn't long enough but I got them. I found putting the serpentine belt back on to be the biggest pain. I am glad I bought all the tools I needed, especially the jack stands. I also discovered which tools I need to add to my tools box.

·
Registered
18,257 Posts
If you buy jack pay close attention to the overall lift height numbers mentioned on box. As of 10 years ago or so a raft of jacks showed up from China that will only jack maybe 2/3 as high as the ones we commonly had before, they often barely get a tire off the ground before running out of lift. Often SUV and truck people bring them back, they are useless; they don't go high enough.

I can install a serp belt on the tensioner in about 15 seconds on a zetec. And on one car I modded the tensioner on I can put it on by hand ONLY using no tools just as quick.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I did not replace the tensioner. The one on the vehicle looked and operated perfectly. Looked brand new. Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for the info on the Jack amc49.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts