Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was wondering if anybody else has the same problem that i have.. i have a fully built turboed focus. i have the hydro sheild on the filter and it seems that everytime it rains i can drive my car because i get water in my air.. i dont understand this problem i mean i should be able to drive my car even when it rains. its not like i am submerging the filter into a puddle or anything like that. i just want o be able to drive my car year round. any help on this problem?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I dont have any shield on my filter and I only have slight issues during very hard down pours, but my filter is up and away from where it can readily be splashed.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i have the same problem. but i spin so bad that getting into boost enough to cause a stumble is useless any way. so i dont worry about it.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i cant even drive my car normally in any kind of rain...light or heavy.. and my filter is down in front of my tire...

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
mabybe put an angle and put it higher in the wheel well? Or maybe keep it in the engine compartment, i know its hotter, but you will get less water. OR! Just get a setup for both and when it rains, do a quick swap. Its only money right?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
i have a shield on mine and i can run in really hard down pours fine.

I rotated the shield up more so its no like this in the pic but heres where mines at

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Bad picture but you get the idea.

My Datalog showed no increase in IAT, Intercooler still got the job done. I can even run slowly through standing water if it comes to that...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I would move that...... you're loosing efficiency.

One of the best places is right behind the headlight (general area) its up high enough to keep out of the water and over far enough to not have any extra heat from the radiator.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i think one of my problems is.. since i rolled my fenders i dont have wheel wells so i need to find a way to keep water from being splashed all over the filter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well What I do this is Just if you want to heres what I did. On the newer focus like 05-07 they put a water sheild down there for the filter box. Just get one of those and screwed it to the inter fenderwell and frame and it kept all the water off the filter and on the front of it. It has a hole to let in lots of air.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Well What I do this is Just if you want to heres what I did. On the newer focus like 05-07 they put a water sheild down there for the filter box. Just get one of those and screwed it to the inter fenderwell and frame and it kept all the water off the filter and on the front of it. It has a hole to let in lots of air.
Good idea

1 - 14 of 14 Posts