Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scratch that. Mines still leaking.
I have a 2014 and am experiencing the same issue. It started leaking this weekend so I took it into the dealership today. I was told that their engineers are not familiar with the problem, so they were unable to help at all. The most they did was suggest I leave the temperature set to Max A/C. So far it has been dripping less in the car, but this is not a solution. Any suggestions on talking to the service department? I'm still under warranty, but they don't seem to want to mess with it. Would I have any better luck going to a mechanic rather than the dealer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealer will not admit to anything. They are like blood sucking attorneys. I cut my losses with my Focus. After they attempted to fix my last leak, at my expense, they broke my console access panel and the threshold molding strip. Nothing was holding them in place. They thought they would just deliver the car to me and hope I did not notice that they had no idea how to remove the panel without breaking it.
BTW, once the padding is wet, it is ruined. Ford will not offer to replace it. They just spray air freshener to cover the musty smell which will turn to mold. Screw Ford! Got a Kia now.

Yes, I'm still a little bitter.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Had this happen in my car too.. but my dealership took care of mine at 67,000km.

They scratched a trim piece taking the passangers seat out and replaced it before I regained posession of my car. A/C drain is in a poor place, mine was broke. Ford stripped my carpet and sucked all the water out of my car and shampood the carpet afterwards. I was taken care of gracefully when this happened to me.

All dealerships have different perspectives of things. It's a shame really.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My dealer told me I didn't like the access cover up properly after adding the gasket. So they removed it and liked it with rtv before reinstalling it and charged me $100(mainly for the time they had to run it to ensure no leak -supposedly 3 hours). My leak hasn't come back.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2014 and am experiencing the same issue. It started leaking this weekend so I took it into the dealership today. I was told that their engineers are not familiar with the problem, so they were unable to help at all. The most they did was suggest I leave the temperature set to Max A/C. So far it has been dripping less in the car, but this is not a solution. Any suggestions on talking to the service department? I'm still under warranty, but they don't seem to want to mess with it. Would I have any better luck going to a mechanic rather than the dealer?
Welcome to the forum, Lakovic.

I want to check out some additional options, what's your mileage?

Meagan

·
Registered
709 Posts
My dealer told me I didn't like the access cover up properly after adding the gasket. So they removed it and liked it with rtv before reinstalling it and charged me $100(mainly for the time they had to run it to ensure no leak -supposedly 3 hours). My leak hasn't come back.
You're telling me they paid someone to sit there and watch (the whole time) to see if there was a leak visible? ....Wow.

You can tell after 2 minutes if its going to leak or not on a hot day...mine instantly starts evacuating after that and I live in Canada so it can't be that warm, right? ! Lol

The $100 charge sounds like an "extended warranty" claim... which it was only $7 for the part, and $60 diagnostic. At least, thats what it was here but I didn't have to pay anything for my troubles.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You're telling me they paid someone to sit there and watch (the whole time) to see if there was a leak visible? ....Wow.

You can tell after 2 minutes if its going to leak or not on a hot day...mine instantly starts evacuating after that and I live in Canada so it can't be that warm, right? ! Lol

The $100 charge sounds like an "extended warranty" claim... which it was only $7 for the part, and $60 diagnostic. At least, thats what it was here but I didn't have to pay anything for my troubles.
Yeah pretty silly actually. They actually had to do this twice. The first time I brought it home I noticed it was still leaking so actually had to bring it back one week later (next day they had a mechanic open). After hours of running and calling me back in they actually walked me back into the shop where my car was running and being monitored - so the probably had 7--10 hours of it running and being watched.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah pretty silly actually. They actually had to do this twice. The first time I brought it home I noticed it was still leaking so actually had to bring it back one week later (next day they had a mechanic open). After hours of running and calling me back in they actually walked me back into the shop where my car was running and being monitored - so the probably had 7--10 hours of it running and being watched.
Sounds obsurd to me...and like a waste of gas. Fix it properly the first time Ford! -shakes fist- hah

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem. However mine is dripping from the AC control unit cover. Took it to dealership and they said they didn't have the gasketand they would call in a few days to repair. That was almost two weeks ago. Nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just noticed a leak forming on the passenger floor.

Does anyone have pictures of where to find the A/C drain tube? (Original ones from the post are gone).

I called my dealership about the posted TSB, but was told they didn't know anything about it and suggested I speak to the manager... who was away for several days.

So, I want to check the drain tube and either fix or rule out one possibility.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just noticed a leak forming on the passenger floor.

Does anyone have pictures of where to find the A/C drain tube? (Original ones from the post are gone).

I called my dealership about the posted TSB, but was told they didn't know anything about it and suggested I speak to the manager... who was away for several days.

So, I want to check the drain tube and either fix or rule out one possibility.
I sold my Focus but fixed the issue before hand. If you take of the A pillar, you will see a plastic tube running from the roof, down the a pillar, leading further into the dash. I pulled the connecting hose out and gave it a good blow (not kidding). It cleared whatever was in the line. Put everything back together and didn't have an issue afterwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man just curious did you ever find out what was leaking or how to fix it cause mine is leaking exactly like yours. It’s like a small trickle and I’m just finding it out now after owning the car 6 months and never noticing it before. Did you ever fix it or just let it drip. Thanks a ton man lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

Hello and greetings from Finland.. Don't know if this thread is anymore active, but let's give it a try...
I have the same issue with my 2012 Grand C-Max. Passenger floor gets wet and looks exactly like in the pictures.. Can someone tell me how to get the plastic covers away so that i can see the drain? I tried it but they are very tight.. What exactly needs to be removed? THX

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I've got a similar problem. One day, my blower started making a noise like something was stuck in it or the bearings were going bad. The next day, the sound went away. Two days later, my kid noticed water dripping down from the top of the left front corner of the passenger footwell. That continued the next day until I decided to run the blower without the AC turned on. I think something got in there and was rubbing on the blower fan, and then came loose and clogged up the evaporator drain. I'll update, once I get in there and see what I find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I've got a similar problem. One day, my blower started making a noise like something was stuck in it or the bearings were going bad. The next day, the sound went away. Two days later, my kid noticed water dripping down from the top of the left front corner of the passenger footwell. That continued the next day until I decided to run the blower without the AC turned on. I think something got in there and was rubbing on the blower fan, and then came loose and clogged up the evaporator drain. I'll update, once I get in there and see what I find.
Nope. Dry as a bone when I pulled off the drain hose. I think the dripping was coming from further up, anyway. I did change the cabin air filter while I was at it. It looked long overdue. Better air flow now. See if that somehow makes a difference towards the dripping, after I've driven with the AC on for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same same but different

Hello guys,
mine is leaking from the 90 degrees white plastic connector at the bottom of the interior condensation hose.
I can't upload a picture because I'm new at the forum...

The outer condensation hose is open, checked it and used some air pressure to make sure.

any ideas how to solve this issue?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hello guys,
mine is leaking from the 90 degrees white plastic connector at the bottom of the interior condensation hose.
I can't upload a picture because I'm new at the forum...

The outer condensation hose is open, checked it and used some air pressure to make sure.

any ideas how to solve this issue?
Thanks a lot.
You could try putting some caulk arround the connector to seal it off.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts