Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the future to get a water meth kit for my SVTF. I was wondering what the most efficient place for injection is. I have a few questions that you guys might be able to answer. Before of after the blower. Also how many nozzles should i use if its after the blower? Which one will give me the most power increase? I read up a lot on it and it says there are almost no downsides to injecting pre/post T/B but the mist evaps at it hits the blower only cooling that and jsut allows more a better running SC and more efficient compression. Anyone care to chime in?

Thanks,
Ryan[wrenchin]

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
water only has one specific capacity for heat, it will remove the same amount of heat either before or after the blower.

i'll also offer the standard caution of be careful you never run out of solution. many people advocate only to use water/meth as an extra safety for the motor, not to extract more power, just in case you run dry.

good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! that helped a lot and makes sense scientifically as well. I know. I am going to set it to start producing boost at 4-4500 RPM so i don't use it all of the time. Just when i want to crap on that Honda next to me!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
2) Nozzle mounting
The nozzle will require drilling a hole into the pipe leading to the
throttle body. Before it and after any sensors like a MAF(mass air flow).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've done a lot of research about wear to the coating of the screws and have yet to come out with a confident conclusion whether or not it will affect them. Anyone have any experience with 10k or so miles on a SC with W/M?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
If you're going to have to tap the hole anyways, just do it at the manifold.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Bah, Before the TB is just fine. depending on location of IAT.

a lot of good information on this site.
http://www.alkycontrol.com/#!faqs/c1xjo

VP M1 is the nectar of the race gods!
Really , you picture a Grand National is not a Focus , How many Foci have you shot Meth through ???????????????

To the OP DO NOT listen to what he said , If you do WM before the TB you will short out the TPS right away , they are not sealed units like other manufactures and the water will get right in there on my dyno they shorted the TPS first try

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts