Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Focus SE w/sunroof has a water leak I cannot locate. I was sitting at a light the other day during a hard rain storm. There was water leaking on my shoes. I'm not kidding. I've had back to FMC a couple times and they say they blew out the drain lines and all was well. I've got extended warranty on it but doubt it cover the fix. Is anyone in the FFF had trouble like this? It seems to happen more when the car is parked on a left hand down hill. I really like this car and would like to keep it. I pull it behind my camper. But my carpet is staying damp and there is more ice on the inside of the windshield than outside. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well if they blew out the drain lines with compressed air they may have blown the line off the drain tube on the sunroof assembly up behind the headliner causing your leak you can test by putting a hose on the roof with someone inside the car looking for the leak it should start to drip and you should be able to hear it or see it running down from the panel or at the bottom of the dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I'd pull the A pillar moldings off & drop down the headliner some & also check to see if the drain hose is long enough to pass thru the firewall. I'd also check the B pillar drains also. And of course open your s/r & have a look at the drains also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts