Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my car a month ago and the first thing i noticed was that it was leaking antifreez so i went throught this site and figured out it was the thermostat housing, common problem for the 2000 zx3. i fixed that with instructions i found here and all went smooth as can be.

after that issue i noticed another leak, this time i have been checking the antifreez level on my car and it has not moved, the water that is leaking is not yellow and it seems to be comming from behind the engine were i cant really see that well

any idea what it could be?, im thinking its either the AC or the windshield water, but im not sure

i appreciate any help you guy can give

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Probably the condensation leaking from the drain at the firewall from the A/C.

·
Registered
305 Posts
How much water your ac system drains on the ground depends on how hot/humid of a day it is. Yes sometimes it will leave a puddle..Just touch the water and if it isnt anti-freeze it has to be water draining from the ac system which is completly normal. It is by your passenger side firewall right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep that is exactly were its comming from
ok as long as its not antifreez i wont freak out

one more question if i dont turn on the AC there should not be any condensation water leaking right, ill try that on my drive home and see if even with no AC it leaks

thanks for the Help

·
Registered
789 Posts
^that's correct. if you don't use it then it won't condensate. that is the reason, if you go to the drag strips, why they tell you not to use your a/c.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts