Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently on my 02 SvtF I have been noticing a water leak coming from the passenger side of the car about half way through the engine compartment. I have not used my A/C recently and its a lot of water that is leaking. Does anyone have any ideas to what this could be?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clear and no smell. I'm 99% sure its water, but I wasnt running the ac. Windshield washer fluid leak or something?

·
Registered
179 Posts
iam guessing by the pic that its near the back of the engine? jack it up and check your oil cooler lines...i know last time i looked at mine they are getting kinda soft where they meet up to the cooler(i guess from years of oil on them) just havent had time to really fix and just waiting for them to start leaking lol!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
catch some in a pan and pour it into a glass, then you can be 100% what it is.
yep its water

iam guessing by the pic that its near the back of the engine? jack it up and check your oil cooler lines...i know last time i looked at mine they are getting kinda soft where they meet up to the cooler(i guess from years of oil on them) just havent had time to really fix and just waiting for them to start leaking lol!
Yep towards the rear of the engine.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
is it all the time or just after a rain?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Are you having to add weter to your engine ?

Tom
Lmao.......let's hope not. Are you sure that you aren't running with your defrost on or ac in any way, shape or form?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it all the time or just after a rain?
It did just rain here, it was the beginning of the week though
Are you having to add weter to your engine ?

Tom
Nope, what are you thinking the issue might be?

Are you sure that you aren't running with your defrost on or ac in any way, shape or form?
I run the defrost in the morning, but I turn the ac off and put it to hot air.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts