Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working on a different issue this last week I had cause to pull the spare tire out. What I found was enough water to wet most of the underside of the spare tire sitting in the well. I think I have an issue with my sunroof drain tubes but for the life of me I am not sure where those tubes exit the body so that I can try to check them. Are the ends of the tubes accessible? I can see the two front drain ports on the sunroof easily, but I can't see if there are any towards the back of the assembly, nor do I know where those drain ports exit to.

Does anyone have a diagram, pictures, or other information on the routing of those tubes and where they exit the body? My plan is to try and blow some compressed air back through them from the underside to clear any possible clogs.

I really don't want to pull the headliner but am afraid that is what it will come down to.

I've pulled the side carpet panels from the sub-woofer area and the opposite fender wall and it looks like there is moisture in the corners of the trunk area near the body, so I am thinking that the moisture is being driven down the sides of the body from the sunroof.

Plus we just started in on our rainy season..... [rant]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tail light area is actually more common a leak possibility IMHO for the problems you've found.

I'll move this to General Tech Chat, where I think you can find more old threads & get quicker advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts