Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well monday morning on my way to work I was following a car, who for some reason decided to stop in the middle of a 8 inch deep puddle. I have or should I say had a aem cai on and it sucked up water instead of air when I tried to go. That was the end of my motor. Estimate for my insurance company was $6300.00. Lucky I have a 500.00 deductable and there going to fix it!!! Ive had my intake on since it was practically new and never had any problems but Ive never had that big of a puddle before. So im going to sell the cai and go with a short ram. No car for 2 weeks kinda sucks though!!!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Did you know about the water bypass kit for the AEM??? I'm amazed the insurance is covering it ! Count yourself lucky on that one.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
How low below the closed hood is the intake on the CAI? Why did you post this here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had a similar problem with my AEM cai. i didn't even have to drive through a puddle though. i was on a highway driving in heavy rain and i sucked up enough water to get some funky sounds out of my engine. luckily no damage though. i switched back to my steeda short ram. as far as i'm concerned the AEM is a piece of junk. it didn't even install right....it was resting on the transmission line no matter what i did. i even called AEM about the bypass valve and the guy told me that there isn't enough room in the engine bay for it. and when i told him about the fitment problems and that i was sucking up water he literally told me to fabricate something. BIG HELP! ha ha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts